Follow these instructions when implementing Pega Customer Decision Hub
(previously called Pega Marketing) version 8.6 or earlier
in your Pega Cloud services environment.
If you are implementing Pega Customer Decision Hub version 8.7 or later, skip this
procedure and follow the instructions in the Pega Customer Decision Hub Implementation Guide.
Before you create the Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation application in
your Pega Cloud services Development environment, create a system
architect operator with the privilege to run the First-time Setup Process.
Customer Decision Hub is a decision management-based solution for one-to-one
customer engagement, which analyzes customer data in real-time and recommends
next-best-action decisions for managing your customer interactions.
What to do next: Create your Pega Customer Decision Hub implementation
- Log in to your Pega Cloud services Development environment as the
Note: If you have not yet changed the default password, Pega Platform prompts you to change it.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Operator ID short description field, enter a
description of the operator's role, for example, System
- In the Operator ID field, enter a name for the operator,
for example, SystemArchitect.
- In the upper-right corner of the new record, click Create and
- On the Profile tab, in the Application
Access section, in the Access Group field,
enter the appropriate access group:
- For Pega Customer Decision Hub, enter
- For Pega Marketing, enter
Note: Ensure that the default access group radio button is
- Click the Work tab.
- In the Routing section, click
- In the Update Organization Unit dialog box, perform the
- In the Organization field, enter the name of
- In the Division and Unit
fields, enter the names of the division and unit to which the system
architect operator belongs.
- Click Submit.
- On the operator ID record, click the Security tab.
- On the Security tab, select the Allow rule
check out checkbox.
- Click Update password, enter the new password, and then
- In the upper-right corner of the operator ID record, click
- In the lower-left corner, click the user icon, and then select Log
off to log out of Dev Studio.
- Log in to your Development environment as the system architect operator that you
- Follow the steps of the First-time Setup Process wizard.Note: If you did not
designate your Organization in the previous task, Pega Platform prompts you to enter it.
- After you create your implementation application, review the Pega Customer Decision Hub Implementation Guide for any additional implementation steps
that you need to take to complete the development of your application for your