Pega Cloud Connect enables the use of AWS Direct Connect with a public virtual interface (VIF) service to establish a dedicated network connection from your enterprise and connected networks to Pega Cloud over public connections.
AWS Direct Connect public VIF provides a cost effective and reliable connectivity option to establish a dedicated network connection from your enterprise and connected networks to Pega Cloud services running in AWS over public networks. You can also use this connection to access other public AWS resources from multiple cloud providers.
Establishing a new Direct Connect connection, depending on available options, requires lead time and a moderate-to-high level of technical complexity. For clients who prefer working with a Cloud Exchange provider who can add value and assist with implementation details, Pega Cloud Connect supports Cloud Exchanges. For details, see Public connectivity using Cloud Exchange.
- Low up-front and ongoing maintenance cost.
- SLA from AWS for high reliability.
- Low latency.
- High bandwidth support, from 50 Mbps to 100 Gbps.
- Unless you have a presence in an AWS Direct Connect location, the most common way of obtaining AWS Direct Connect is through a third-party provider. Your organization must work with an approved provider to deploy and perform required configuration steps. To find a list of approved third-party providers, see AWS Direct Connect Delivery Partners.
- Configure the following AWS Direct Connect components:
- A connection type: Both hosted or dedicated connection types work with Pega Cloud Connect. Configure your connection in the same region as your Pega Cloud. For connection details, see AWS Direct Connect connections.
- A public VIF: The most common configuration will be for your organization to create a public VIF using a Direct Connect Connection that you own. Some AWS Direct Connect delivery partners offer a service that will create a hosted VIF for you. Design and configure your network and equipment to leverage your connection to your AWS Direct Connect public VIF. For connection details, see AWS Direct Connect virtual interfaces.
- Design and configure your network and equipment to leverage the Cloud Exchange connection and AWS Direct Connect public VIF, including, but not limited to, IP addressing, routing, security, and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
- Maintain the uptime and availability of your AWS Direct Connect connection and public VIF.