Your My Pega Cloud portalHome page includes a Updates tile to initiate your update journey. You can view whether your environment is up-to-date, the schedule of any upcoming updates of your environments, take required action during each stage of the process, and provide feedback to streamline and facilitate your update journey.
Before you can use the My Pega Cloud portal, have the following:
- Cookies enabled in your browser settings.
- Cloud-admin role or cloud-change role access privileges. Contact your Pega Cloud administrator to secure those. For more information, see Support user roles.
If you have an upcoming update, you can prepare for your update by reviewing the update checklist that is appropriate to your pre-update version:
Use the following definitions for the update journey and the Update tab in the My Pega Cloud portal.
|Source version||Pega Platform version from which you are updating.|
|Target version||Pega Platform version to which you are updating.|
|Current state status bar||Control that displays the present stage of your update journey.
The Update tab changes depending on the stage
in your update journey.|
- On the My Pega Cloud
Home tab, in the Updates tile,
initiate the update process by clicking Start.
Result: You are redirected to the portal.
- In My Support Portal, click , and then specify a staging environment that you want Pega to clone and then update.
Important: This request takes five days to complete. Make the request at least three weeks before your targeted production environment update.
- Once Pega initiates your update request, click the
Result: The process moves into the Clone stage.
- View the status of your cloned environment as Pega Cloud
provisions and updates the clone in the Clone stage
The checklist displays the status of your clone environment being provisioned, its infrastructure updated, and its Pega Platform version updated.
Result: Pega Cloud provisions and updates your clone environment for your update application testing (UAT), and the update process moves to the UAT stage.
- Within 10 business days, perform UAT on the cloned environments by testing all
applications through automated and manual testing.
The Action center banner in the My Pega Cloud portal displays a link to your checklist with required UAT actions, as shown in the following example:
- In the UAT stage view, click the
redirect icon for each clone environment
(named <Environment Name>-CLONE) on which to
perform UAT.The view updates to present a UAT Checklist and Approve button as shown.
- Perform UAT testing as described in
Stage 3: Accept the Basic update of your production environmentin Pega Cloud update checklist for Pega Infinity release 8.4.2 and later.
- In the UAT stage view, click the redirect icon for each clone environment (named <Environment Name>-CLONE) on which to perform UAT.
- After completing UAT testing, click UAT Checklist and
Approve, and then enter your tentative schedule for the
production update, provide feedback, and check off the required testing and
update validation on the clone.
- In the Decision Taken list select whether you approve
the testing on the clone environment for update, and then click
Result: If you select Approve, the update process moves into the Updates stage. Important: If you select Reject, the update case enters the Resolved status and stops. You can perform the update another time.
- In the Updates stage view, verify that the
Environment update status table reflects the following
status in the updates process:
The columns in the table provide different information depending on the update status:
- Not yet Scheduled
- Environment is not yet scheduled for update.
- Environment has been scheduled for a certain time.
You can view the scheduled time for the update in the MW start time column.
The Target Pega Version column reflects the version to which the environment is to be updated.
- The environment update is in progress.
- ABORTED BY CUSTOMER
- You have aborted the updated by selecting Reject during the Go-NoGo action.
- The environment update is completed.
- During the ONGOING status of your production environment
update, finalize your update. In this stage, you receive an Action center notification to go to a temporary production URL for your updated environment, and a Go-NoGo link to proceed with the update within the Updates tab.
From the point of receiving the notification, you have 60 minutes to promote any necessary changes from the updated staging clone to the temporary production URL, as stated in the message deadline.
For more information about finalizing the update process after using the production URL, see
Stage 4: Accept the Basic updateof your production environment in Pega Cloud update checklist for Pega Infinity release 8.4.2 and later.
- In the Updates stage view, click the
Go-NoGo button, as shown in the following
Important: The temporary URL is not displayed if you update from a source version of 8.4.1 or earlier.
For more information, see Pega Cloud Services upgrade checklist for Pega Infinity release 8.4.1 and earlier.
- Check off each required action of your confidence testing on your temporary production URL according to your requirements.
- Specify whether the confidence testing on the temporary production URL
environment has met your approval for update:
- To continue with the rolling update of the production environment, select Go, check Continue with immediate rolling update, and then click Submit.
- To stop the update, select No Go. The Update enters the ABORTED BY CUSTOMER status. You can reschedule the upatde at a later time.
Result: The update process continues until the Completed status. The update process then moves to the Decommission stage view.
- After completing the update process, the decommission of your clone is scheduled.
- After the decommission of the clone environment, the update process enters the
Result: Your update to the latest version of Pega Platform is successful.
After completing your update journey, you receive an Action center notification to provide Pega Cloud feedback about your experience.