Beginning April 2022, Pega Cloud is ending support for all new configurations of the legacy VPC peering connectivity option.
Pega Cloud services allows clients to use VPC peering connections between your Pega Cloud VPC and an external VPC that you control within the same AWS region.
To request a VPC peering connection:
- Open a Service Request using the My
Support Portal. Include your Amazon VPC Classless Inter-Domain
Routing (CIDR) information in the request. In response to your request, Pega Cloud provides you with the following information:
- The Pega Cloud AWS account ID
- Your Pega Cloud VPC ID and region
- Your Pega Cloud VPC address range (CIDR)
- Using the information that you receive from Pega Cloud,
create the VPC peering connection by sending a peering request to your Pega Cloud VPC from your AWS account.
- From the Amazon VPC console, in the navigation pane, click Peering Connections.
- Click Create VPC Peering Connection, and
configure the following fields for your peering request:
- Name tag – Enter a name for the VPC peering connection.
- Local VPC to peer – Select the VPC in your account with which you want to create the VPC peering connection.
- Account – Select My account.
- Account ID – Enter the Pega Cloud AWS account ID.
- VPC ID – Enter your Pega Cloud VPC ID.
- Click Create VPC Peering Connection, and click
OK to confirm the request.
Note: The IPv4 CIDR blocks for the VPCs that you are establishing a peering connection between must not overlap. If the IPv4 CIDR blocks overlap, the VPC peering connection fails, even if the VPCs have unique IPv6 CIDR blocks.
- After your VPC peering connection request is accepted, create a route table
entry that includes the VPC peering connection information.
- In the Amazon VPC console, in the navigation pane, click Route Tables.
- Select the VPC that you are establishing the peering connection with.
- On the Routes tab, click Add another
route and provide the following information:
- Destination – Enter the CIDR for your Pega Cloud VPC.
- Target – Enter the information for the peered VPC.