When you use Pega Infinity as a service delivered in Pega Cloud environments, you focus on developing your Pega applications for your customers. Pega Cloud handles the resiliency, scalability, and the Pega-managed security of your Pega applications.
Pega Cloud provides the latest generally available functionality including:
- The latest Pega Infinity and Pega industry application releases or critical updates
- New services
- Enhancements to existing and documented Pega Cloud offerings.
Every update includes the latest infrastructure and security patching to maintain the highest security and performance standards. To review the latest important security updates, see Security Bulletins.
Pega tests each update to ensure it will not interfere with your production applications. In addition to industry compliant integration testing methods, Pega always applies each update to internal industry cloud applications prior to the generally available release. Each update is applied to your Pega Cloud services when it is generally available, during scheduled maintenance windows.
For details about how Pega Cloud delivers updates across environments, see Pega Cloud maintenance and types of system updates.
For complete details about Pega patches and support policies, see Pega software maintenance and Extended Support.
Q2 2022 enhancements
Q2 2022 enhancements include:
- Pega introduces Pega Cloud Connect with which you can take advantage of public peering and private connectivity options between your users and systems and Pega Cloud. For details, see Pega Cloud Connect: unifying access to Pega Cloud.
Q1 2022 enhancements
Q1 2022 enhancements include:
- Support for Private connectivity using AWS PrivateLink and related new End of Support statement.
Independent, accredited TISAX (Trusted Information Security Assessment Exchange) audit providers have granted Pega Cloud the TISAX AL2 Assessment. This AL2 level assessment by independent audit providers confirms that Pega Cloud meets the high standards of data protection as defined by TISAX, such as data classified as confidential. While the auditor results for Pega Cloud are not intended for the general public, clients can retrieve them exclusively through the ENX Portal which will be updated by 3/22/2022 to reflect this achievement.
Q4 2021 enhancements
Q4 2021 enhancements include:
- Use the new Filter Management feature, which provides a simple, secure method to manage the filters in Pega Cloud applications. With the introduction of Filter Management, you can now create and edit Java-based filters. For the security configuration details, see Filter management.
- Pega Cloud introduced Pega Status, a feature that provides you with a display of real-time information on the overall health of each active region in your subscription. After you sign up for Pega Status notifications, Pega automatically sends email notifications any time an incident is created, updated, or resolved in your Pega Cloud subscription. Pega strongly recommends that clients subscribe to all components/regions that are relevant to services they receive from Pega Cloud. To explore Pega status, click Pega Status. To learn more about the use of Pega Status and manage your notifications, see Using Pega Status.
- New Pega Cloud deployments as of 17 November 2021 provide an SFTP service with one SFTP server for each client subscription that supports all your environments deployments, such as DevTest, Staging, and Production. Pega Cloud will continue to support existing client subscriptions with their existing SFTP service until you reach a service version that requires a migration of your service to the newer SFTP service. Pega Cloud support will communicate with you about planning a migration of your service. For more information, see Using Pega Cloud SFTP service.
Q3 2021 enhancements
In September 2021, Pega Cloud updated its supported Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption settings that support data-in-transit across its fleet of client environments. For more information, see Data-in-transit encryption.
Q2 2021 enhancements
Review the following enhancements to your Pega Cloud services:
Explore the new self-service Pega Cloud portal. You can use it for a variety of purposes:
- Complete self-service tasks, such as restarts and log downloads.
- View your upcoming, scheduled maintenance.
- Participate in your upgrade journey.
- Review Pega requests in a new Action Center folder such as approving the UAT and Go-NoGo stages of the upgrade process. For more information, see Managing your environments in My Pega Cloud portal.
- Run your new Development/Test and Staging environments at production level 3. While Pega Cloud does not support client requests to modify these levels after the environments are running, you establish each environment run level during the questionnaire phase of onboarding. To learn which levels are supported for different types of deployed Pega Cloud environments, see Specifying the production level.
- Benefit from the enhanced auto-hibernation feature that gives you better visibility into the status of the hibernation and wake-up process through your self-service Pega Cloud portal. To review the FAQ about how Pega partners with you to reduce the energy consumption and the carbon footprint of your client environment portfolio and review the wake-up steps, see Managing hibernated environments.
- Prevent insecure logins by adding or updating URL matching using the latest LDAP support for URL matching. Pega Cloudclients using IP addresses in their LDAP Authentication Service must update their service. For complete details, see Configuring login using a custom authentication service.
- Stream your Pega software-generated log files to an Amazon S3 bucket within your enterprise Amazon Web Services account. To start, see Streaming Pega logs to an external Amazon S3 bucket.
- Integrate your AWS Transit Gateway into your Pega Cloud services subscription. This enhancement allows you to centralize your external connections to your Pega Cloud environments in a monitored and secure private network. To review the requirements and complete your integration, see Implementing a Transit Gateway integration.
After your Pega application in your Pega Cloud environment is running release 8.6, your Pega application can take advantage of these enhancements and new features:
- Archive and purge cases in your Pega Platform database to improve its performance as part of your long-term data retention plan. To learn about this enhancement and use it, see Case archiving and purging overview.
- If you have purchased Pega Process AI, Pega Cloud enhances your Pega Cloud services infrastructure to support AI, Decisioning, & Event stream triage. For more information, see Pega Process AI.
- Use the new Servlet Management feature in your Pega application, which provides a simple, secure method of managing the servlets in Pega Cloud applications. With Servlet Management, you can customize the servlet name, authentication type, and related parameters. You also can add new servlets and disable and delete unused servlets. For related security configuration details, see Servlet and Filter management.
- Set up your streaming service through your Pega application using enhanced support for streaming service authentication. For more information, see Creating a Kafka configuration instance.
- New deployments of Pega Customer Decision Hub (CDH) use your Decision Data Store (DDS) to store your action state data by default, which boosts your application performance and improves its stability. Along with this enhancement, new application versions also support changing your action state data to use an available database. Data storage configurations in existing deployments of CDH are not affected. To learn more or change this default behavior, see Disabling the Decision Data Store as action state storage on Pega Cloud.