To support loading customer data, create a customer class that extends the base customer class.
- Define your customer class.
- Define a name for the customer class.For more information, see Creating classes.
- Identify the customer class key. The default key property is CustomerID.
- Identify the ruleset for the customer class.
For example: <your-application>-Rules
- Identify the associated entities (for example, PurchaseData) for this customer class.
- Define a name for the customer class.
- In the Dev Studio header search text field, enter PegaMKT-Data-Customer. From the results, select the PegaMKT-Data-Customer class.
- Click Save as.
- Enter the name for the new customer class, and then click Create and
For example: MyCo-Data-Customer
- In the Keys section, ensure that only the correct key property
is listed. The default customer class key is CustomerID.
- In the Class inheritance section, select the Find by name first (Pattern) check box, and then as the parent class, enter PegaMKT-Data-Customer.
- On the External Mapping tab of the class rule, specify the
properties available on the customer record and their backing columns in the customer
table. Ensure that these mappings satisfy the following guidelines:
- The column name does not exceed 27 characters
- The table contains no empty rows
- Click Save.
Next topic Mapping a customer class to a database table