Check the performance of the champion and challenger strategies across all channels, products, or lines of business in the 3-D graphical view to see how the challenger strategy compares to the champion strategy.
- Access VBD planner.
- In the right side panel, click the Data tab.
- Select a primary data source.
- Select a reference data source.
- If the primary data source is not the same as the reference data source, select a data
- shows the primary data source versus the reference data source.
- provides comparison between the reference data source and the primary data source by showing the delta between the results of two strategies. The red cone means that the value of the reference data source is higher than the primary source.
- Click Update data to update the selected data sources.
- Select the Automatically update data check box.
tab and specify the time range for showing the
- Optional: In the Show list, select a predefined time range.
tab and select dimension levels to define
- Select check boxes to include specific dimensions or click Select all.
Together with KPIs, dimensions are used in VBD to construct the business view. The visualization of dimensions is determined by the dimension filter and the Set Y Axis and Set X Axis dialog boxes.
- In the scene, move the mouse cursor to a particular bar in the chart to see its details.
- Optional: To refresh the scene with data of the selected KPI, click a highlighted KPI line chart on the wall.
- Optional: Configure the scene by performing the following actions:
Select a KPI to display on the wall by clicking the KPI title and in the
dialog box, selecting a KPI to display.
VBD planner displays up to six of the most recent KPI line charts. If more than six KPIs are defined, you can select one to display on the wall.
- Click a KPI chart to display it on the grid.
- Change the dimension that is displayed on the y-axis by clicking the axis label on the left and in the Set Y Axis dialog box, selecting a different dimension or a level in the dimension.
- Use the sliders in the Timeline console below the scene to change the time range for showing the data.
Change the dimension that is displayed in the x-axis by clicking the axis label on
the right and in the
Set X Axis
dialog box, selecting a
different dimension or a level in the dimension.
For example, you can perform time-based analysis for outcome by setting the y-axis to outcome, and setting the x-axis to the time period for showing customer behavior.
- Manipulate the scene with the buttons in the top right corner.
- Select a KPI to display on the wall by clicking the KPI title and in the Select KPI dialog box, selecting a KPI to display.
- Optional: To reset all the settings in the right side panel, click Refresh.
- Accessing Visual Business Director (VBD) planner
Open VBD planner to display decision results with a 3-D graphical view.
- Customizing Visual Business Director (VBD) planner
When you open the VBD planner, the pyGetConfiguration activity under the Data-Decision-VBD-Configuration class gathers the information required to render the VBD planner. This information (dimensions, properties, and KPIs) is retrieved from Interaction History and forms the basis for visualizing decision results. The pyGetDimensions activity under the Data-Decision-VBD-DimensionDefinition class provides a number of customization points.
- The Data Sources tab
The Data Sources tab displays data sources that represent the contents of the Interaction History (Actuals) or the records that you want to visualize in the VBD Planner. These data sources are generated by running a data flow that generates simulation data.
- The Key Performance Indicators tab
The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) tab allows you to view and manage the available key performance indicators. Once defined, the KPIs are calculated every time the interaction rule writes results to Interaction History, Visual Business Director, and database tables.
- Visual Business Director planner
The Visual Business Director (VBD) planner is an HTML5 web-based application that helps you assess the success of your business strategy after you modify it. Use the planner to check how a new challenger strategy compares to the existing champion strategy.