The Fixed or dynamic action bundle objective creates an action bundle with a Bundle Parent and one or more Bundle Members for each targeting approach. You can use audiences or analytics to determine the best mix of Bundle Members.
- Select the business issue that is addressed by this objective.
- Select one or more business groups from the selected business issue. The business groups will be used in the generated strategy. After you select the business groups, the Targeting approach section appears.
- In the Targeting approach section, click +Add
targeting approach, and then select one of the following options:
- Audience driven - Select this approach if you have an audience that you want to target with a specific action. An audience is made up of a starting segment, and can then be split into sub-segments.
- Analytics driven - Select this approach if you want to use predictive or adaptive analytics to score and rank actions. Using analytics for targeting allows you to consider a larger set of actions.
- Click Apply.
- Configure the selected targeting approach.
- Configure the Bundle Parent.
- In the Bundle section, click Configure.
- Select an action that you want to use as Bundle Parent. For more information about
action bundles, see Grouping offerings into action bundles.
Note: Only actions with the attribute Bundle Parent appear in this section. For more information, see Using the Details Tab on the Action Rule Form.
- Click Apply.
- Optional: Edit the name and type of the bundle. Any changes to the name and type of the bundle are only applied in the generated Strategy, not in the original action used as Bundle Parent.
- Optional: Repeat steps 3-6 to configure more targeting approaches.
- Optional: If you added multiple targeting approaches, specify how you want to arbitrate between them. For more information, see Arbitrating over Targeting Approaches.
- Optional: If you added multiple targeting approaches, use the Overall prioritization section to specify how you want to prioritize across your targeting selections. This prioritization determines the order in which actions are made to a customer. For more information about configuring prioritization, see Configuring Overall Prioritization.
- Click Save.
- Configuring audience driven targeting
To configure audience driven targeting, select one or more Segments to represent the starting audience targets, then configure how each Segment should be used by the Strategy that you are creating.
- Configuring analytics driven targeting
To configure analytics driven targeting, select the business groups to include in the approach, and then configure how each business group should be used by the Strategy you are creating.
- Arbitrating over targeting approaches
If you add multiple targeting approaches, specify how the system should arbitrate over these approaches. Each targeting approach is assigned a label (A, B, and so on). The following arbitration methods are available:
- Configuring overall prioritization
The overall prioritization configuration of a Strategy determines the order in which actions are made to a customer. You must specify the overall prioritization if you configured multiple targeting approaches or if an analytics-driven approach includes more than one business group.