A Web Treatment represents the visual message you want to communicate to your customer on the web channel. It typically consists of an image or HTML fragment and text which is rendered in a specific location on a web page. If a user clicks on this image or HTML, Pega tracks the click event and redirects the user to a specified web page. This redirection is specified through the click-through URL.
- On the Treatments landing page, click .
- Enter a unique name and a description for the Treatment.
- Specify when the Treatment is active.The following options are available:
- Within a defined time period
- In the Content URL field, provide a link to an image or HTML
fragment to display for this Treatment. For example, this can be the URL of an image
hosted in a content repository.After you populate the Content URL field, a preview of the content is displayed on the bottom of the page. For image content, the Dimensions field shows the image dimensions is pixels.
- In the Click-through URL field, provide a link to a web page or a file that provides more details on the action for which you created the Treatment. Clicking this link will re-direct to the URL specified in this field.
- In the Format field, specify whether the Treatment content is a plain image or an HTML fragment.
- In the Placement type field, select the intended location and
style of the treatment design. For example, the Treatment can appear as a large central
banner, as a rotating strip of images, or as a footer.The following options are available:
- Feature band
- Footer bar
- Page takeover
- In the Language field, select the language of the
treatment.Specifying the treatment language allows Pega Customer Decision Hub to pick the right treatment based on the Customer's preferred language.
- Click Create.