Pega Customer Service provides sample chatbot settings within the Digital Messaging interface or Legacy Webchat that help you quickly get started with the chatbot configuration. These pre-configured chatbot settings offer initial chatbot settings, so you don't have to configure the case types and responses once again. However, if you prefer not to use the pre-defined sample chatbot settings, you can configure the chatbot settings that suit your business needs.
- Log in to the Self-Service application with the administrator credentials.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- On the Channels landing page, open the interface for which you want to
configure the bot.
For example: You can open a Digital Messaging interface or a Legacy Webchat interface that you created. This scenario is explained using a Digital Messaging interface
- On the Digital Messaging: <your Digital Messaging interface name> page, on
the Configuration tab, in the Conversation
flows section, click Add conversation to
define more sophisticated conversation scenarios than simple response commands.
The system displays the Create conversation dialog
- In the Name list, select either an existing conversation or create new conversation.
- In the Conversation command field, select an existing command or create a new command which will trigger conversation in the runtime.
- If the conversation command requires authentication, select the Requires authentication check box.
- Click Submit.
- In the Content section, click Add case
type to add cases for the Legacy Webchat that helps your
customer to open and access a case by entering a specific command. Perform the
following steps to add a case type:
For more information, see Adding case commands for a conversational channel.
- In the Case type list, select a case type that you want to create when the user enters a specific command.
- In the Create case command field, enter text that triggers the system to create the case.
- If the case command requires authentication, select the Requires authentication check box.
- Click Submit.
- In the Content section, click Add
response to add custom responses for the Legacy Webchat so that
users, by entering a specific command in the chat window, can perform an action
such as viewing available menu options. Perform the following steps to add a
For more information, see Defining response commands for a conversational channel.
- In the Response type list, select a response type that you want to create when the user enters a specific command.
- In the Response command field, enter text that triggers the system to create the response.
- Optional: In the Response text field, enter the response
text to display to the user.You can select a predefined response by clicking Use existing.
- If the response command requires authentication, select the Requires authentication check box.
- Click Submit.
- On the Behavior tab, perform the following steps to
configure Legacy Webchat system responses and text analyzers:
- In the System Responses section, click the
Switch to edit mode icon, to edit a system
response.For more information, see Configuring system responses for a conversational channel.
- In the Text Analyzer section, click
Edit topics to add or edit topics and
configure the Legacy Webchat channel to detect a best response to user
input. For more information, see Defining topics for text analysis for an IVA.
- In the Options section, perform the following
steps to configure the interaction and authentication timeout:
When you enable Enable authentication timeout option the system logs you out after the specified timeout period and you must re-authenticate to continue the interaction.
- Select Enable interaction timeout check box to allow to system to log out of the interaction session after the specified time. Enabling the check box allows the system to display an option to enter interaction timeout in minutes.
- Select Enable authentication timeout check box, to allow to system to ask the end-user to re-login after the specified time. Enabling the check box allows the system to display an option to enter authentication timeout in minutes.
For example: 15 mins
- In the System Responses section, click the Switch to edit mode icon, to edit a system response.
- Click Save.