Your application includes a set of predefined case types. A case is defined as a service case or a service request, which is a process that your staff performs to service your customers. Each case type contains one or more processes that you can extend to meet your business requirements. If you do not see an existing case type, you can create one during your planning process.
For a list of the case types, see the Product Overview for your application.
Case types, in the context of a customer service application, are used to define the work your customer is asking you to perform. Examples of case types include Address Change and Close Account.
For the insurance industry, the insurance service cases come from the Pega Services Cases for Insurance application so that they can be reused across other Pega insurance applications. If this need does not pertain to your business, you may create new service cases in the Customer Service for Insurance application.
- Modifying case types
- Configuring the security and display settings
- Customizing the user interface of service requests
- Defining client-based access controls to support the EU GDPR
- Defining class group to database table mapping
- Configuring case type locking
- Defining knowledge content integration
- Adding error handling to a case type