Configure proactive notifications in your self-service configuration so that you can send relevant information, offers, and service cases to your customers proactively, based on their account profile. If you enable proactive notifications, Pega Customer Service interacts with Customer Decision Hub (CDH) when a customer visits your website, to predict the customer's needs and offer bot-enabled assistance. In this way, proactive notifications can save the customer's time and make the work of the customer service representatives (CSRs) more efficient.
- Log in to the Self-Service application with the administrator credentials.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
- In the Current channel interfaces section, click the name of the channel to edit the self-service configuration of a Legacy Webchat channel.
- On the Legacy Webchat interface page of the channel, click the Self-Service Configuration tab.
- Select a configuration from the list, and then click the Proactive tab.
- To enable proactive notifications, select the Enable proactive notifications check box.
- To use CDH to generate proactive notifications instead of the default Pega Customer Service functionality, in the Proactive
service URL field, enter the URL of the CDH application that
is integrated with the Pega Customer Service application
instance.The response to the REST call made to the URL should contain the following parameters in the .RankedResults() page:
- To minimize the notification window after a specified time if the customer ignores it, select the Enable Minimizing check box.
- In the Minimize window after field, enter a number of seconds after which to minimize the notification window.