Pega Field Service resources consist of field workers who are registered users of the application. As a prerequisite, you must configure the default email account to manage your business communications. For more information, see Email Account form - Completing the Email Account tab. After you configure your business' email account, you must create the field worker User ID in the Field Service Admin portal. By default, the field worker's email address is considered to be their User ID.
To add a field worker from the Field Service Admin portal, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the Pega Field Service application.
- In Designer Studio, click Launch > Field Service Admin.
- In the navigation pane, click Organization.
- To add a new field worker, click the Field Workers tab and then click the Create field worker icon.
- Complete the fields in the Create Field worker form.
- Enter the email address of the field worker in the Email field and click Send invitation.
The application sends an email notification to the field worker with a link to an external website where the field worker can register as a user.
- Once the field worker has created an application login password, click Create.