The Pega Platform offers the following authentication types:
- PRBasic – Based on passwords in the Operator ID data instances and the login form (defined by the HTML rule @baseclass.Web-Login, which your application can override).
- PRSecuredBasic – Similar to PRBasic but passes credentials using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) using Basic HTTP authentication. The login form is defined by the HTML rule @baseclass.Web- Login-SecuredBasic, which your application can override.
- PRCustom – Supports access to an external LDAP directory or a custom authentication scheme.
- PRExtAssign – Supports external assignments (Directed Web Access).
- J2EEContext – Specifies that the application server in which the Pega Platform is deployed uses JAAS to authenticate users.