Based on your login and portal, Pega Foundations provide numerous pre-configured reports to monitor case and work inventory as well as monitor workforce productivity and quality. These standard reports are driven by the case and work object lifecycle infrastructure as well as the work and assignment-level service level rules for goals and deadlines used in managing the life cycle of a case.
Consider your reporting requirements early in the planning process. Before introducing a new report, answer these questions:
- Who needs the report?
- When do they need the report?
- What is the content of the report?
- Why do they need the report?
- Where will it be run? Will it be run in the Pega application, or using another reporting tool and source?
With reporting, you should plan your reporting needs ahead of time to give you most flexibility later on. To do this:
- Determine reporting architecture.
- Review existing reports.
- Identify key operational metrics.
- Identify dashboard reports.
- Determine which reports you will generate from the application, and which you will generate using a different reporting tool.
- To understand reporting requirements, read the Reporting Overview Community article; the concepts in this article apply to all versions of the platform.
- Review the description of each application-provided report, identify the expected volume of data, and determine how often each you expect to run each report Identify other reporting tools at your site.