The KYC application has preconfigured Customer Document and Requirements supporting evidence types. The customer document evidence facilitates the presentment and selection of documents that are listed in the Data-WorkAttach-File table and associated to the customer. Whereas the Customer Requirements evidence type lists the requirement cases that are supported by the Pega Foundation for Financial Services Requirements module.
You can customize these evidence types or add new evidence types that better represent your business needs.
- Create a class that represents each of the instances of that type (for example,
a URL from external system, a reference to certain type of cases, and so on).
The new class should extend the class
requires the following properties:
Property Description pyID An ID that uniquely identifies the evidence type Evidence Label A label for the evidence EvidenceKey Instance key for the evidence Meta1, Meta2, Meta3 Any metadata (in order) that must be displayed in the UI EvidenceDisplayIcon An icon that is displayed in the user interface
- Add a new evidence type to the application by creating a new abstract class
inheriting directly from
PegaKYC-Data-SupportingEvidence-EvidenceType. For the evidence
type to be recognized and interpreted by the engine, this newly created class
must contain the specialized versions of the following assets:
- Data Source
A data source that can retrieve the pieces of evidence that the user may want to link to the question. This data source should be a data page. The items retrieved through this data source should be of the evidence class that was initially created (for example, URL) and stored under the Evidence page-list property.
- Each evidence type must have a unique ID, name, and description. This should be initialized by creating a pyDefault data transform and setting the pyID, pyLabel, and pyDescripion properties respectively. Ensure that the ID of the evidence type is not changed once it is set and rolled to production. Changing the ID will process it as a new evidence type and may result in loss of data.
- If the data source requires parameters or if you wish to do any preprocesing before the evidence types are displayed then you may specialize the SetupHandler data transform. To make the parameters available to the data source you must also create the relevant properties in this class and set those in the SetupHandler data transform to be later used by the data source.
- User Interface
- KYC application ships a reuseable user interface component that can present and facilitate the selection of the evidence. Using the default user interface ensures consistency across all evidence types and ensures seamless access to preconfigured components created for selection and deletion.
Note: To use this component, you must comply with the directions listed above for the data source and specialize the ListSupportingEvidence section, which should include, within the context of the data source, the AvailableSupportingEvidence section. To implement any behavior related to clicking the evidence, for example, open or download functions, you must also specialize the EvidenceDisplay section.
In addition to list-based evidence, you can add complex evidence such as screen shots or video recordings. However, adding such evidence types requires you to create advanced user interface components that enable you to capture, select and delete of such evidence. If you create complex evidence types, you must ensure that the instances selected by the user are stored in the temporary TempSupportingEvidence.EvidenceType(<Evidence Type Id>).Evidence(1) page. This enables the system to seamlessly integrate complex evidence types into KYC processing.
Optionally, if the evidence type and evidence need to be audited, you can use the audit traceability features available in Pega Foundation for Financial Services. To enable this configuration, the corresponding class must contain the FISIFTrackSecurityChanges data transform that lists the properties to track.