By default, Pega Know Your Customer uses PegaKYC-Data-Type- as the base class where all the KYC Types of the application reside. You can choose to use this as your base class, or you can create your own base class, to store customizations of some core processing rules and assets. If you decide to create your own class, make sure that it inherits from PegaKYC-Data-Type-, and configure it as follows.
For example, MyCo-Data-Type- (a top-level data class) can be implemented and configured to inherit from PegaKYC-Data-Type-.
A root data class must be created first so that other classes can be created and extended from it.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Follow the agreed upon class naming convention for the implementation.
- In the Label field, type a short description of the class.
- In the Class Name field, enter a class name that will extend from the PegaKYC-Data-Type- class.
- In the Context section, select a context, for example, KYC for Financial Services.
- In the Add to ruleset list, select the specialized application’s associated ruleset.
- Click Create and open.
- Select the Created in Version ruleset version for the class.
- In the Class Inheritance field, enter PegaKYC-Data-Type-.
- On the History tab, enter the required text for the Usage and Description fields to describe the class.
- Click Save.