If you upgraded from Pega Marketing™ 7.31 or earlier, or Pega Customer Decision Hub™ 7.31 or earlier, you might need to migrate your Context Dictionary if it is still in Legacy mode. By migrating to Standard mode, you can take advantage of new Next-Best-Action Designer features in Pega Marketing and Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.4.
Before you begin
Your Context Dictionary might be in Legacy mode if you upgraded from Pega Marketing 7.31 or earlier or Pega Customer Decision Hub ver. 7.31 or earlier without migrating to Standard mode. To check if you need to perform the migration, do the following steps:
- Log in to your Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub application as an operator with access to Dev Studio.
- In Dev Studio, click Records > SysAdmin > Dynamic System Settings.
- In the Setting Purpose filter, enter the following setting name: MKTIsContextDictionaryLegacyMode.
- If the setting exists and is set to true, your Context Dictionary is in Legacy mode. Migrate to Standard mode. For more information, see Migrating to Standard mode.
- If the setting does not exist or exists but is set to false, your Context Dictionary is already in Standard mode and no action is required.
The migration process affects multi-channel and self-optimizing campaigns, as well as Next-Best-Action outbound schedules. Outbound and Field Marketing campaigns, real-time containers, real-time events, and inbound responses are not affected by migration and do not require any updates.
- Complete any pending upgrades to Pega Platform™ and Pega Customer Decision Hub, as well as any changes to the Context Dictionary configuration unrelated to the migration process.
- Log in to your Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub application as an operator with access to App Studio and Dev Studio.
- In the Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub portal, suspend or stop all multi-channel campaigns, self-optimizing campaigns, and Next-Best-Action outbound schedules.
For more information about suspending campaigns and outbound schedules, see the User Guide on the Pega Marketing or Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.
- In Dev Studio, search for and delete the DF_WriteToBatchTable data flow, if it exists in the Data-Decision-Request customer class in the implementation ruleset.
- Set the value of the MKTIsContextDictionaryLegacyMode dynamic system setting to false.
- In App Studio, click Settings > Context Dictionary, and then click Save.
- For each multi-channel campaign that you want to continue using after the migration, re-create or reference old strategies:
- Create a new strategy in the Data-Decision-Request-Customer class.
- On the Create Strategy form, in the Initial decision context field, select your primary customer context.
- In the new strategy, re-create the old strategy manually, or reference it by using an External Sub-Strategy shape, as shown in the following figure:
- Update the campaign to reference the new strategy.
- Resubmit the campaign for execution.
- Upgrade Next-Best-Action Designer to version 2 and configure it as required. For more information, see Upgrading the Next-Best-Action Designer.
- Open each self-optimizing campaign that you want to continue using after the migration and save it by using the Save As option.