After configuring the CapturePaidResponse service for your website, test that the interactions are captured in Interaction History.
- Identify as a known individual, so that your customer ID is available to the CapturePaidResponse service.
- Enter a sample ad URL to simulate a paid click, for example, https://cdh.uplusbank.com?Site=PMM&ext_aud_id=3d4209a3&ref_url=youtube.com
- Verify that the interaction was captured in Interaction History by doing one of the following steps:
- In Dev Studio, click Configure > Decisioning > Monitoring > Interaction History > Recent Interactions, and then verify that the paid click shows in the list
- Run the following queries in your Pega Marketing database client to check that the click is available in Interaction History:
select referrerurl, utm_medium, externalaudienceid from pegadata.pr_data_if_fact; select pydirection, pychannel, channelgroup, channelsubgroup from pegadata.pr_data_ih_dim_channel; select pyoutcome, pybehaviour from pegadata.pr_data_ih_dim_outcome;
Once you have enabled paid clicks to come into Pega Marketing, you can use those paid interactions to enable AI-driven paid strategies in Paid Media Manager. For example, you can use the interactions recorded by the PaidCaptureResponse service to predict whether clicking on an ad would increase an individual's propensity to accept an offer. With that information available, you can reduce wasted ad spend by aligning the willingness to pay with the predicted value of a click. For more information about this and other use cases, see "Reducing wasted ad spend based on the predicted value of a click" in the Pega Marketing User Guide on the Pega Marketing product page.