With the bulk renewal feature in Pega Product Composer for Healthcare, you can quickly process modifications to healthcare benefits due to changing legislation as well as the typical annual healthcare benefits changes, such as changes in deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses.
Enabling the bulk renewal of entities
By enabling the Bulk Renewal feature, you can copy existing application data including benefits, groupers, benefit sets, networks, product templates, and products into a new calendar year at one time.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- On the Application settings tab, in the Bulk Renewal validation section, select the Enable check box.
- Click Actions > Save as system configuration. You can also click Save as personal configuration to save the settings as a personal configuration for testing.
Renewing multiple entity types at the same time
With the bulk renewal feature in Pega Product Composer for Healthcare, you can copy existing application data into a new calendar year at one time. You can renew all the entities, including benefits, groupers, benefit sets, networks, product templates, and products. The renewal solution is integrated with existing stage and versioning features of the application, thereby providing a seamless user experience.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- In the left navigation panel of your workspace, click .
- On the Bulk Renewal Cases page, click Create Bulk Renewal and from the list, select the entity type that you are renewing, for example, benefit.
- On the Bulk Renewal page, click Add entity
For example: Click Add Benefits.
- In the dialog box, complete one or more fields to find your entity type and then click Search.
- In the list of results, click Add next to each entity that you are renewing or click Add all versions and click Submit.
- In the Renewal target section of the Bulk
- Select the stage of the entity that you are renewing.
- In the Effective Date field, select the date when the entity renewal begins.
- In the End Date field, select the date when the renewed entity ends.
- Enter text in the Renew version note field.
- For plans, products, and product templates, click Validate to
check that the embedded entities overlap with the new renewal dates.Each entity that does overlap shows Validated to the right of the entry. Each entity that does not overlap shows an error icon.
- If there is an error, click the icon to display the Validation error
notification dialog box. Do one of the following:
- Close the dialog box and remove the entity from the renewal process by clicking the trash can icon to the right of the entity on the Bulk Renewal page.
- Select To acknowledge select this check box in the dialog box and click Submit. Then click Acknowledge all the errors on the Bulk Renewal page. Error-Validated is displayed next to the entity. When you acknowledge the error, the application routes the entity to one of the renewal error work queues: Dev_BulkRenew_Error, Impl_BulkRenew_Error, or Prod_BulkRenew_Error.
- Click Save. The data is saved if you leave the page and return to complete the bulk renewal at a later time.
- Click Submit to send the case to a manager for approval. After the manager approves and submits the case, the entities are renewed.
Implementing custom validation in the Bulk Renewal feature
You can customize the validation in the bulk renewal feature for product templates, products, and plans to meet your business needs.
Use the following extension rule activities to customize your validation.
- ValidateEntityForRenewal_EXT activity in the Rule-HC-PCS-Product class to implement custom validation for bulk renewal of products and product templates
- ValidateEntityForRenewal_EXT activity in the PegaPCS-Data-Plan to implement custom validation for bulk renewal of plans
Use the DisplayValidationResults_EXT section in @baseclass to modify the reason for failure message.
- In the header of Dev Studio, enter the activity or section name, for example, ValidateEntityForRenewal_EXT.
- In the results, select the activity in the correct class, for example, select the ValidateEntityForRenewal_EXT activity in the Rule-HC-PCS-Product class.
- On the activity page, modify the validation for the specified entity. For additional information, see Activities.