- Configure an email account to send the notifications. For more information, see Creating and configuring an OAuth 1.0 client.
- Set the Public Link URL to the following format:
http://<host>/prweb/PRServlet. For more information, see Configuring the online help URL.
- Optional: Customize the default notification thresholds:
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Decision category, and then click Decision Table.
- Click the pyGetThresholdByNotificationType decision table in the @baseclass class and save it to your application ruleset.
- Modify the default values of relevant notification types:
- pyNotifyAutomationExceedsExecution – a notification is triggered when the time it took a robot to complete the automation was longer by the specified percentage than the value specified on the originating work queue. Default value: 20.
- pyRobotQueueExceedingCapacity – a notification is triggered when pending items in any robotic assignment type (work queue) reaches the specified percentage of capacity. Default value: 80.
- pyNotifyWorkQueueHasPastSLA – a notification is triggered when an assignment in a robotic queue (assignment type) reaches a specific percentage of the SLA deadline. Default value: 80.
- pyNotifyRobotFailuresReachThreshold – a notification is triggered when a robot reaches a specific percentage of allowed failures within the alert evaluation time. Default value: 80%.
- pyNotifyRobotReachConsecutiveFailuresThreshold – a notification is triggered when a robot reaches a specific percentage of the allowed consecutive failed assignments. Default value: 80%.
- pyNotifyRobotReachedNotReadyThreshold – a notification is triggered when a robot exceeds s specific percentage of the predetermined time in which a robot can remain in the Not ready state. Default value: 80%.
- Modify the labels in the user interface so that they match the customized values.