The support user roles that are available for assignment vary depending on whether your account is qualified as an on-premise Pega product account or as a Pega Cloud service account.
When you manage the support contacts for your Pega account, you assign each contact role-based access to work with support and self-service resources at Pega.
Administrator grants the user the ability to add and remove support contacts and grants the authority to modify the role assignments for any user. This role does not grant the ability to create or update support cases of any type.
Your account should have at least three (3) Support Contact Administrators for contingency.
Security Contact designates the user as an official security contact for the account. Security Contacts may receive periodic security alerts from Pegasystems. For Pega Cloud service accounts, the Security Contact authorizes Cloud Change (CC) requests, which, in production environments, must ensure that Pega Cloud client information is protected. (See Change Management for Pega Cloud Services.)
- Senior managers or similar authorities should be assigned this role.
- For Pega Cloud service accounts, the Security Contact is, by default, the person who authorizes Cloud Change (CC) requests for Cloud systems that have an information security impact. Cloud Change (CC) requests that have an information security impact require written client security approval.
Product Support grants the user permission to the following resources:
- My Support Portal to create, view, update, and subscribe to support cases
- Digital Software Delivery to order and download Pega software
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud to monitor the performance and health of applications, on-premises and cloud environments
This role is assigned by default when you add or affiliate a user to a support account.
Cloud Admin grants the user permission to the following resources:
- My Support Portal to create, view, update, and subscribe to support cases of type
My Pega Cloud to manage cloud environments as explained in Managing your environments in the My Pega Cloud portal.
- Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud to monitor the performance and health of applications, on-premises environments and cloud environments
Cloud Change designates the user as an official Cloud Change contact for the account. A critical role, the Cloud Change contact is the primary communication channel and approver of maintenance requests. The Cloud Change contact is the individual who the Pegasystems Cloud Support Team alerts of any issues with your Cloud system. Cloud Change contacts receive system status alerts when issues are detected during routine environment monitoring, when Pegasystems proactively identifies an issue needing attention, and when urgent cloud system status messages are sent from the Pegasystems Cloud Support team.
- You must have at least one Cloud Change contact assigned to your Pega Cloud service account at all times. If you have multiple production systems, potentially associated with different projects or departments, it may be appropriate to designate a Cloud Change Contact for each project or department.
- Select individuals with the appropriate expertise and judgment to serve in this significant role.
- The Cloud Change contact works with the Security Contact for your Pega Cloud service account.
- The Cloud Change contact has access to My Pega Cloud to manage cloud environments as explained in Managing your environments in the My Pega Cloud portal.