Pega Underwriting for Insurance supports integration with Pitney Bowes’ GeoProperty and GeoRisk web services. With this integration, you can configure Pega Underwriting for Commercial Insurance to receive property information and risk data for Commercial Property and General Liability submissions.
- The GeoProperty web service provides information about a commercial property, including address, number of buildings, stories, and apartments, condition, construction type, exterior finish, assessed value, year built, and square footage.
- The GeoRisk web service provides information about risk factors for a commercial location, including data about crime, earthquakes, floods, fires, proximity to fire stations, and distance to the coast.
Before you configure the Pitney Bowes integration in Pega Underwriting for Insurance, you need to register for a Pitney Bowes Developer Account.
Enabling the Pitney Bowes components
- Log in to Pega Underwriting for Commercial Insurance by entering the credentials for your system administrator operator.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click the name of your application and click Definition.
- On the Edit Application page, in the Enabled components section, click Manage components.
- Select Enabled for the following components:
- Pitney Bowes
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Updating the authentication profile
- In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click Records > Security > Authentication Profile.
- On the Authentication Profile tab, click PitneyBowesAuthentication.
- In the Client information section, replace the values in the Identifier and Secret fields with the API credentials that you received when you created your Pitney Bowes account.
- Click Save.
Verifying your credentials
- In the header of Dev Studio, search for and select the PitneyBowes OAuth 2.0 Provider.
- On the OAuth 2.0 Provider tab, in the Access token endpoint field, verify that the access token is displayed.
If you do not see the access token in the field, contact Pitney Bowes Support.