Data schema error on z/OS split schema upgrades from versions before Pega 7.1.8
Valid from Pega Version 4.1
When upgrading to a split schema on Pega 7.x with IBM DB2 for z/OS, you see an error during the data schema upgrade when the system tries to drop the PRPC_Updatescache procedure. Because triggers on rules tables use PRPC_Updatescache, you must use the ZOSDisableTriggerScripts to disable these triggers before you update the data schema.
- Follow the instructions in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide to upgrade the rules schema, but stop immediately before you upgrade the data schema with the upgrade.bat or upgrade.sh script. The Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide is on the page.
- Copy the contents of the <distribution>\ResourceKit\ZOSDisableTriggerScripts directory into the <distribution>\scripts\ directory.
- Run fixZosTriggers.bat or fixZosTriggers.sh with the following arguments:
--dataschema<data schema name>
--oldrulesschema<old rules schema name. If you are upgrading from a single-schema system, this is the data schema name.>
--newrulesschema<new rules schema name>
--automaticddl<Optional. Set to true to automatically apply the disable trigger SQL scripts.>
fixZosTriggers --action preupgrade --dataschema pegadata --oldrulesschema pegarules --newrulesschema newrules --automaticddl false
- If you did not set --automaticddl to true in the previous step, run the <distribution>\schema/disable.sql script to manually disable the trigger SQL scripts.
- Run the data schema upgrade as described in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide.
DB2-LUW database logfile size increase
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.5
To avoid running out of logfile space due to large transaction sets during the rule base load of a Pega 7.1.x install, upgrade, or maintenance level update, systems supported by a DB2-LUW database platform should increase the LOGFILSIZ parameter to at least 4096 pages from the default size of 1000 pages.
After the size has been increased, restart the database to ensure that the new setting is loaded into the database correctly.
Need to run script before updating Multitenant systems
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.5
When updating or upgrading a Multitenant system from Pega 7.1.5 or 7.1.6 to Pega 7.1.7, if that system uses either an Oracle or a PostgreSQL database, you may encounter the error:
“Table must be empty to add column.”
The Multitenant architecture requires an additional column on a number of the PRPC database tables (“pzTenantID”). In Pega 7.1.7, two additional PRPC tables were tenant-qualified: pc_schedule_task and pr_index_schedule_task. The Multitenant column is added to these tables by the update/upgrade process. However, Oracle and PostgreSQL do not allow the addition of a non-null column to an existing table unless the table is empty, so updating or upgrading systems on those databases displays the error detailed above.
To avoid this error, before beginning the update or upgrade, it is necessary to run a script:
- Oracle —
- PostgreSQL —
For updates, these scripts are located in the
For upgrades, these scripts are located in the