Updated Word merge support with Microsoft Silverlight plug-in
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Starting in this release, Pega 7 features that integrate with the Word merge capability are now cross-browser. ActiveX controls (which are only compatible with Internet Explorer) have been replaced with Microsoft Silverlight. This plug-in must be downloaded separately from Microsoft because it is not shipped with Pega 7.
Common features that are affected by this change include the Specification form and Case Type landing page.
Prior to using these features, see the release note Word merge support with Microsoft Silverlight plug-in for more information about setting up their client systems.
End of support for form-based rule forms in Pega 7.1.9
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
Rule forms that are configured to render as forms are no longer supported in Designer Studio or end-user applications. Form-based configurations are found on custom rule types that were created in earlier versions of Pega 7 and are characterized by pop-up windows that are rendered externally from Designer Studio.
- Open the class form.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Harnessfrom the menu.
- Create a new harness and new sections that implement the logic of the custom rule, using standard user interface layouts and controls.
Migrating custom rule forms to harnesses and sections offers the following benefits:
- User interfaces become HTML5 WC3 compatible and responsive to different screen sizes.
- User interfaces become cross-browser compatible, rendered consistently in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Rendering performance on modern browsers is dramatically improved.
- User interface pop-up behavior is eliminated; all windows are rendered inside Designer Studio and end-user applications.