End of support for form-based rule forms in Pega 7.1.9
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
Rule forms that are configured to render as forms are no longer supported in Designer Studio or end-user applications. Form-based configurations are found on custom rule types that were created in earlier versions of Pega 7 and are characterized by pop-up windows that are rendered externally from Designer Studio.
- Open the class form.
- Click the Advanced tab.
Harnessfrom the menu.
- Create a new harness and new sections that implement the logic of the custom rule, using standard user interface layouts and controls.
Migrating custom rule forms to harnesses and sections offers the following benefits:
- User interfaces become HTML5 WC3 compatible and responsive to different screen sizes.
- User interfaces become cross-browser compatible, rendered consistently in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Rendering performance on modern browsers is dramatically improved.
- User interface pop-up behavior is eliminated; all windows are rendered inside Designer Studio and end-user applications.
Deprecated rule types
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.8
The following rule types have been deprecated as of the Pega 7.1.8 release:
- Service COM
- Service BPEL
- Connect BPEL
- Parse Transform
- Parse Transform Collection
- Parse Infer
For more information, including suggested alternate rule types, see the help topic Deprecated features.