Geolocation tracking for the latest mobile client
Valid from Pega Version 8
The latest version of Pega Mobile Client™ now supports geolocation tracking for offline-enabled mobile apps. You can enable constant tracking when users work on specific cases from their worklists. This enhancement helps audit the trail of the case and increase the efficiency of your mobile users. For example, dispatchers at headquarters can track the routes of field workers and more effectively assign them tasks based on their current location.
For more information, see Tracking mobile users based on geolocation data.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
This release had a focus on extending key capabilities to improve the functionality and ease of use of reporting features based on early adopter feedback. A series of cosmetic changes and fixes are also included.
- Multiple boxes may be checked on List view checkboxes
- Dashboard Charts slider has been improved.
- Summary View reports and charts have been enhanced.
- Column properties can be added to a report in the Report Editor.
- List view column widths can be set by Smart Info.
- Listviews will display correctly for updated systems.
- Improvements to the GuardRail Report.
Use "alternate database" as report source
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.6
You can opt to use the the "alternate database" identified in the Reports Database field of the Data-Admin-DB-Table instance that supports the Applies To class of a report as the source for the report. This reduces the load on the database that serves your application when you run the report.