Reporting & Data
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
This release fixed many existing unlocalizable elements in 7.1 reporting interfaces (The Report Viewer, Report Editor, Chart Editor, and the Report Browser) and now they are fully localizable. Changes were made to make Listview, summaryview, and report viewer display possible WCAG 2.0 level A and AA support.
- Parameters may now be used in a sub-report join condition.
- Report Definition localization has been enhanced.
- Standalone ListViews with embedded SmartInfo have been improved to resize appropriately when the SmartInfo section is expanded.
- The data section of a report will now display in all of the available space when a fixed header option is selected.
- When localizing a listview with filters, tool tips are translated.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
This release had a focus on extending key capabilities to improve the functionality and ease of use of reporting features based on early adopter feedback. A series of cosmetic changes and fixes are also included.
- Multiple boxes may be checked on List view checkboxes
- Dashboard Charts slider has been improved.
- Summary View reports and charts have been enhanced.
- Column properties can be added to a report in the Report Editor.
- List view column widths can be set by Smart Info.
- Listviews will display correctly for updated systems.
- Improvements to the GuardRail Report.
Discontinued support for list view and summary view rules
Valid from Pega Version 7.2
The list view rule and the summary view rule are deprecated, and support for these rules has been discontinued. Existing list view and summary view reports will continue to work on supported browsers. However, the last version of Internet Explorer that list view and summary view rules support is Internet Explorer 11.
You cannot create new list view or summary view reports. Instead, create list reports and summarized reports by using the report definition rule. To prevent display issues, re-create the custom list view and summary view reports that you need as report definition reports.
BIX -I command-line option fails for unexposed properties
Valid from Pega Version 7.2.2
Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) command-line extractions fail when the extract has a filter that uses unexposed property references that are passed in by the input file that you specified in the -I command-line option. Previously, the BIX extraction ignored the filter and the extraction did not fail.
Behavior changes when reporting on descendant classes
Valid from Pega Version 7.3.1
Report Definitions that use the Report on descendant class instances option with the Include all descendant classes option apply only to the Applies to Class. Join classes are not included as they were in previous Pega® Platform versions. The following example shows what happens for each possible scenario for Report on descendant class instances when the report is defined on ClassA with a class join with Work-.
- If Report on descendant class instances is disabled, the report runs against ClassA and the join happens with Work-. The behavior is the same in Pega 7.3.1 as it is in previous Pega Platform versions.
- If Report on descendant class instances is enabled, and Include single implementation class is selected, the report runs against ClassA and the join happens with the MySampleClass implementation class. The behavior is the same in Pega 7.3.1 as it is in previous Pega Platform versions.
- If Report on descendant class instances is enabled, and Include all descendant classes is selected, the report runs against ClassA and its descendants and the join happens with Work-. In previous Pega Platform versions, the join happened with the MySampleClass implementation class.