Reporting & Data
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
This release fixed many existing unlocalizable elements in 7.1 reporting interfaces (The Report Viewer, Report Editor, Chart Editor, and the Report Browser) and now they are fully localizable. Changes were made to make Listview, summaryview, and report viewer display possible WCAG 2.0 level A and AA support.
- Parameters may now be used in a sub-report join condition.
- Report Definition localization has been enhanced.
- Standalone ListViews with embedded SmartInfo have been improved to resize appropriately when the SmartInfo section is expanded.
- The data section of a report will now display in all of the available space when a fixed header option is selected.
- When localizing a listview with filters, tool tips are translated.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
This release had a focus on extending key capabilities to improve the functionality and ease of use of reporting features based on early adopter feedback. A series of cosmetic changes and fixes are also included.
- Multiple boxes may be checked on List view checkboxes
- Dashboard Charts slider has been improved.
- Summary View reports and charts have been enhanced.
- Column properties can be added to a report in the Report Editor.
- List view column widths can be set by Smart Info.
- Listviews will display correctly for updated systems.
- Improvements to the GuardRail Report.
Report Browser removed from Designer Studio
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
The Report Browser and Access landing page have been removed from Designer Studio. In Designer Studio, developers can create, edit, and test reports by using the Report Definition rule form.
The Report Browser is still available in the Case Manager portal.
Ability to include all properties in search results
Valid from Pega Version 7.4
You can now include all properties in a class in search results so that they can be used in report filtering. When the Enable search results for all properties option is selected on the Custom Search Properties rule form, all top level and embedded page scalar properties for the class are indexed and returned in search results, and all embedded page list, page group, value list, and value group properties for the class are indexed but not returned in search results. Selecting this option might affect performance.
In addition, by default, properties defined in the Data-Tag-RelevantRecord instance for a class are indexed and returned in search results and do not need to be explicitly configured.
You must reindex search after selecting or clearing Enable search results for all properties and after changing the properties that are defined in the Data-Tag-RelevantRecord instance.
For more information, see Specifying custom search properties.
Compact style sheet for creating PDF files
Valid from Pega Version 7.4
You can now use a compact style sheet when you create PDF files by using the Create PDF smart shape in a case type or when you use the HTMLtoPDF activity. This style sheet overrides the style sheet that is used by the harness skin and correctly renders certain elements such as headings and inline grid tables. It also renders PDF files more quickly.