WSDL generation error prevents invocation of SOAP services
Valid from Pega Version 8.4.2
A Known Issue was introduced in the 8.4.2 Pega Platform patch release, which impacts both upgrades and new installations of that version.
Due to changes introduced in the SOAP functionality for the case-mismatch error in SR-D98509/INC-119725, the WSDL is being generated for SOAP services with an incorrectly-capitalized element, which prevents the service from being invoked. The element should be “name” instead of “Name”.
Clients must perform the following workaround after they define a new SOAP connector in Pega Platform:
- To download the WSDL from Pega Platform:
- After using the SOAP Wizard (Dev Studio > Configure > Integration > Services > Service Wizard) the WSDL URL is shown at the bottom right of the Dev Studio screen.
- Click the URL to display the XML.
- Save the WSDL file to your local system.
- In the text editor of your choice, modify "Name" to "name" in every <element “name” = … > tag in the WDSL.
- Save your changes to the local file.
- To reload the WSDL into Pega Platform:
- In Dev Studio, open the Configure menu.
- Select Integration > Connectors > Create SOAP Integration.
- In the New SOAP integration wizard, select Upload WSDL from File.
- Complete the upload using the wizard prompts.
This is a design-time issue, not a run-time issue; therefore, clients only have to perform this workaround process once. Existing SOAP services should not be impacted; however, if clients modify an existing SOAP service definition by re-running the wizard, clients must reapply the workaround for Pega Platform to recognize the SOAP definition changes.
This issue will be addressed in the Pega Platform Patch Release 8.4.3. Clients who upgrade to that version or later should not see this issue.
Search and Reporting does not index large items
Valid from Pega Version 8.5
When using the Search and Reporting (SRS) microservice in Pega Platform™ 8.5, you might encounter problems with indexing large out-of-the-box rules. The issue is not visible in Queue Processors, but you can access logs to verify which items the system does not index.
Required Oracle optimization parameter
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
To optimize performance, set the Oracle parameter optimizer_index_cost_adj to a value between 20 and 25. If this value is not set, the system can run exceedingly slowly, potentially blocking users from login.
Synchronized database and application server settings
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Configure your database and application server to use the same time zone and character encoding to avoid conflicts.
Known issue: SAML IdP import uses only the last certificate
Valid from Pega Version 7.4
When you configure the identity provider for a SAML SSO authentication service, the backing keystore rule for the verification certificate is created with only the last certificate from the IdP metadata, instead of using all of the certificates.