Naming pattern changed for file data sets
Valid from Pega Version 8.6.3
File data sets are used to import from and export data to a file repository. In case of data export, prior to version 8.6.3, the first file exported had the same file name that was provided by the user in the data set, and any subsequent file exported to the repository had a unique identifier appended to it. Starting in Pega Platform version 8.6.3, each file has a unique identifier, automatically generated based on the data flow node, thread ID, and timestamp.
If your process to consume output files expects files with a specific name, it may not be able to process the resulting files correctly.
What steps are required to update the application to be compatible with this change?
If you have configured the process before updating to Pega Platform version 8.6.3, but the exported files are no longer recognized by downstream processing logic after the upgrade, ensure that the downstream tool is configured to recognize the files by a pattern rather than the full name. For example, when referring to files exported to the repository, use the * character to indicate a pattern instead of using the full file name. For example, use Export*.csv to refer to the files.
Enabling security policies now requires current password
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
As part of Pega’s initiative to protect against malicious attacks, the change password dialog has been enhanced. When Security Policies have been enabled for your system, new users or those with expired passwords will now be prompted for both their existing password as well as their desired new password.
For more details, review the Designer Studio > System > Settings > Security Policies landing page.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
This release contains a number of fixes that improve the configuration and execution of Batch decisions – specifically, a number of usability improvements and addresses some issues when creating strategies on IE8.
- Batch Decision functionality has been enhanced in the NBAM environment.
- In NBAM, users can run the strategy execution batch based on the Seed list class instead of the customer class.
- Interaction data will now work even if Action or Organization dimensions do not have values set.
- Running a strategy which includes a Data Import of a structured page reference will work in batch mode.
- Security was enhanced on the VBD Planner.
- The Access of Role to Object rules have been enhanced to allow users to create new Dimension Operator records.
- The NBAM Segment On Canvas will now fetch the SegMap data, even when the generated extended segment class has not been added to the Pages and Classes of the strategy. The SegMap property will (if it exists) be added to a list of properties to fetch, even if the strategy indicates that it is not used.
- When a strategy is defined on a customer class, users may now specify the list of required properties to fetch for the input definition.
- When creating a new strategy, there is now a section to add a Strategy Results class like Business Issue or Group.
Decision Strategy Manager
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Fixes were made that improve the configuration and execution of Batch Decisions. In particular, the capability to use Structured Data has been enhanced. Some notable improvements have also been made to the UI of Visual Business Director.
- The structured data input configuration will now work even though there is no data.
- VBD has been enhanced to work with Version 7.1.
- The structured data input configuration will now work with nested structures.
- Association rules from Version 6.3 will now work with 7.1 structured data.