WSDL generation error prevents invocation of SOAP services
Valid from Pega Version 8.4.2
A Known Issue was introduced in the 8.4.2 Pega Platform patch release, which impacts both upgrades and new installations of that version.
Due to changes introduced in the SOAP functionality for the case-mismatch error in SR-D98509/INC-119725, the WSDL is being generated for SOAP services with an incorrectly-capitalized element, which prevents the service from being invoked. The element should be “name” instead of “Name”.
Clients must perform the following workaround after they define a new SOAP connector in Pega Platform:
- To download the WSDL from Pega Platform:
- After using the SOAP Wizard (Dev Studio > Configure > Integration > Services > Service Wizard) the WSDL URL is shown at the bottom right of the Dev Studio screen.
- Click the URL to display the XML.
- Save the WSDL file to your local system.
- In the text editor of your choice, modify "Name" to "name" in every <element “name” = … > tag in the WDSL.
- Save your changes to the local file.
- To reload the WSDL into Pega Platform:
- In Dev Studio, open the Configure menu.
- Select Integration > Connectors > Create SOAP Integration.
- In the New SOAP integration wizard, select Upload WSDL from File.
- Complete the upload using the wizard prompts.
This is a design-time issue, not a run-time issue; therefore, clients only have to perform this workaround process once. Existing SOAP services should not be impacted; however, if clients modify an existing SOAP service definition by re-running the wizard, clients must reapply the workaround for Pega Platform to recognize the SOAP definition changes.
This issue will be addressed in the Pega Platform Patch Release 8.4.3. Clients who upgrade to that version or later should not see this issue.
Rule revalidation after updating properties without restarting nodes
Valid from Pega Version 8.2
When you update certain property attributes, such as a property's maximum length, rule types that reference the property might not reflect the change. You do not always have to restart nodes to revalidate the referencing rules when they cannot be resaved, for example, when they are in a locked ruleset. For Pega Platform™ 8.1 and later, for non-stream rules, such as activities, data transforms, and so on, use the reassemble API in Admin Studio or truncate the assembled classes table.
For stream rules, such as sections, harnesses, paragraphs, and so on, reassemble the rules and restart the nodes. For more information, see More about properties.
For previous versions of Pega Platform, use the System Management Application (SMA) to revalidate stream and non-stream rules.