Additional upgrade scripts for new columns
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
In Version 6.2, additional columns (Major, Minor, and Patch) containing ruleset Version information were added to 15 tables in the PRPC database. When upgrading from a pre-Pega 7 release, scripts must be manually run after the upgrade to populate these columns.
These scripts are located in the Resource Kit, under Additional Upgrade Scripts.
- If upgrading to a single schema, run both scripts.
- If upgrading to a split schema, run the _data script against the data schema and run the _rules script against the rules schema.
Choose the scripts for your database type:
Split schema systems require additional privileges
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.2
On Oracle split schema systems, add the following database privileges:
- Grant DROP ANY INDEX to the Admin User.
- Grant UNLIMITED TABLESPACE to the Rules User.
Use the Oracle Enterprise Manager to add these privileges or refer to the 7.1.3 Upgrade and Installation guides for Oracle.
Data schema error on z/OS split schema upgrades from versions before Pega 7.1.8
Valid from Pega Version 4.1
When upgrading to a split schema on Pega 7.x with IBM DB2 for z/OS, you see an error during the data schema upgrade when the system tries to drop the PRPC_Updatescache procedure. Because triggers on rules tables use PRPC_Updatescache, you must use the ZOSDisableTriggerScripts to disable these triggers before you update the data schema.
- Follow the instructions in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide to upgrade the rules schema, but stop immediately before you upgrade the data schema with the upgrade.bat or upgrade.sh script. The Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide is on the page.
- Copy the contents of the <distribution>\ResourceKit\ZOSDisableTriggerScripts directory into the <distribution>\scripts\ directory.
- Run fixZosTriggers.bat or fixZosTriggers.sh with the following arguments:
--dataschema<data schema name>
--oldrulesschema<old rules schema name. If you are upgrading from a single-schema system, this is the data schema name.>
--newrulesschema<new rules schema name>
--automaticddl<Optional. Set to true to automatically apply the disable trigger SQL scripts.>
fixZosTriggers --action preupgrade --dataschema pegadata --oldrulesschema pegarules --newrulesschema newrules --automaticddl false
- If you did not set --automaticddl to true in the previous step, run the <distribution>\schema/disable.sql script to manually disable the trigger SQL scripts.
- Run the data schema upgrade as described in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide.
End of support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10
Valid from Pega Version 7.2
In accordance with Microsoft’s announcement to discontinue support for Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10 in January 2016, Pega 7.2 will be the last version of the Pega 7 Platform to support Internet Explorer 9 and Internet Explorer 10.
For Pega 7.2.1, you must upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or later, or use Google Chrome, Apple Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
For more information about browser support, see the Platform Support Guide or contact Pegasystems Global Customer Support.
Unused agents run in background
Valid from Pega Version 7.2
The Update PegaRULES database table statistics agent and the Collect PegaRULES database blob size statistics agent have been added to support future development. These agents run in the background, but they do not do anything. You can, but do not need to, disable them from the Edit Agent Schedule landing page.
For more information, see Agent Schedule form - Completing the Schedule tab.