Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
This release had a focus on extending key capabilities to improve the ease of configuration based on early adopter feedback. Improvements were made in run-time performance, especially in high volume situations with complex case configurations. A series of cosmetic changes and fixes are included.
- The Wait shape now supports dynamic references.
- Issues were addressed with the CreatePDF and the CascadingApproval Smartshapes.
- Attachments have been improved.
- Issues with the Create Case Type functionality were addressed.
- The Pega Pulse functionality has been improved, including its performance.
- When auditing a work item, History is now the default tab.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Issues for cross-browser support for Designer Studio have been addressed. Improvements were made in run-time performance for data pages with grids, and a number of cosmetic changes and fixes were made.
- Login Performance improvements
- A cursor pointer issue was addressed in Case Manager.
- In reports, data in columns will now right-align.
- Improved section validation functionality
- Harnesses with screen layouts will now save when there is a refresh condition on a panel.
- Outline View tree has been improved.
- Improvements to Repeat Grids using Data Pages as a source.
- Formatted text cells can be put into a grid to display the value of a property retrieved from a Report Definition join.
- Designer Studio changes to support IE9 and IE10.
- Improved designer studio layout
- Designer Studio changes to support quirks mode in IE8 and IE9.
- Improvements to SmartLabels in Data Pages
- Tab groups will take parameters for pre-activities in a defer load setup.
- Sections support nested dynamic layouts.
Set a time zone for the DateTime control
Valid from Pega Version 8.3
The DateTime control now supports the selection of a specific time zone. Apart from the default local time zone, you can choose a Java-supported time zone or enter a property. For example, you can make it easier for a manager working in New York to schedule a task for a worker in London by configuring a calendar picker on user forms to show a date and time for Europe/London.
Beginning with this release, the calendar picker defaults to the current time in the time zone that is defined in the operator record. Previously, it defaulted to the local time zone of the system.
For more information, see Specifying a time zone for a DateTime control.
After a successful upgrade, the DateTime gadget displays the time in the current operator's locale, which is defined on the operator rule form or in the browser.
What steps are required to update the application to be compatible with this change?
If you need to display the system time from which the user has logged in, and if this is not the same as the time in the user's locale (based on the browser setting), set the Locale field in the operator ID to be blank so that the browser-based setting and the displayed time are the same as the system time.