Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Issues for cross-browser support for Designer Studio have been addressed. Improvements were made in run-time performance for data pages with grids, and a number of cosmetic changes and fixes were made.
- Login Performance improvements
- A cursor pointer issue was addressed in Case Manager.
- In reports, data in columns will now right-align.
- Improved section validation functionality
- Harnesses with screen layouts will now save when there is a refresh condition on a panel.
- Outline View tree has been improved.
- Improvements to Repeat Grids using Data Pages as a source.
- Formatted text cells can be put into a grid to display the value of a property retrieved from a Report Definition join.
- Designer Studio changes to support IE9 and IE10.
- Improved designer studio layout
- Designer Studio changes to support quirks mode in IE8 and IE9.
- Improvements to SmartLabels in Data Pages
- Tab groups will take parameters for pre-activities in a defer load setup.
- Sections support nested dynamic layouts.
Cannot copy final section rules in UI Kit ruleset
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.6
You cannot copy section rules in the UI Kit ruleset (UI-Kit-71) that start with pz or px (final rules in the base PRPC rulesets).
Instead, to customize these rules, use the Copy/Merge Ruleset tool, available at, to copy all rules from the UI Kit into your application ruleset. You can then check the section rules in and out.
Microsof Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) may display a script error when clicking a Help button
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.6
A script error may be displayed when clicking a Help button when script error notification is turned on in the browser. As a work around, uncheck the Display a notification about every script error option in the Advanced tab of the Options dialog box in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.
Browser unresponsive when logging in to Designer Studio
Valid from Pega Version 7.4
The What's new in 7.4 widget on the Designer Studio home page uses WebGL to render its background animation. If your browser is running on a virtual machine without hardware acceleration, your browser might become unresponsive because of this widget. Click the Hide this until next release button to remove the widget. At your next login, the widget will not be displayed.
Tags disappear from Rich Text Editor source mode
Valid from Pega Version 8.5
When you use Rich Text Editor in HTML source mode, some tags disappear from the markup, which causes backward compatibility issues and data loss.
Pega Platform™ version 8.5.5 introduced the DOM Purifier security plugin. The plugin removes potentially vulnerable tags, including custom tags, from the raw HTML code in the Rich Text Editor source mode.
You can disable the DOM Purifier plugin by adding the the
window.disableDomPurifier = true markup to the userWorkForm HTML fragment rule.
Alternatively, as of Pega Platform version 8.5.6, you can add a tag to the allow list by including the
window.rteCustomAllowedTags = ['myCustomTag'] snippet in the userWorkForm HTML fragment rule.
In Pega Platform versions 8.5.6 to 8.6, the
iframe tag is added to the allow list by default.