Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
This release had a focus around improving support for accessibility for all the PRPC UI Components as well as extending capabilities for responsive design with grids and tabs. A series of cosmetic changes and fixes are included.
- Improvements have been made for action items being opened in a dynamic container.
- Row repeat functionality in sections has been improved to better handle source properties.
- Screen layouts have been optimized for the iPhone platform
- The display on dynamic containers has been enhanced to provide the same behavior for both single-mode and multi-mode.
- The Launch Harness feature has been improved to launch into a pop-up window.
- The operator menu will now display from the Case Manager portal.
- The Primary Page functionality has been enhanced for control-defined Repeating Tab Headers.
- Using local actions defined as modal windows has been enhanced to work in an iPAD using a Safari browser.
- When using a modal dialog to open a flow action in a repeat grid, to add an item to the list, users may now cancel out of this dialog if no changes are needed.
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Issues for cross-browser support for Designer Studio have been addressed. Improvements were made in run-time performance for data pages with grids, and a number of cosmetic changes and fixes were made.
- Login Performance improvements
- A cursor pointer issue was addressed in Case Manager.
- In reports, data in columns will now right-align.
- Improved section validation functionality
- Harnesses with screen layouts will now save when there is a refresh condition on a panel.
- Outline View tree has been improved.
- Improvements to Repeat Grids using Data Pages as a source.
- Formatted text cells can be put into a grid to display the value of a property retrieved from a Report Definition join.
- Designer Studio changes to support IE9 and IE10.
- Improved designer studio layout
- Designer Studio changes to support quirks mode in IE8 and IE9.
- Improvements to SmartLabels in Data Pages
- Tab groups will take parameters for pre-activities in a defer load setup.
- Sections support nested dynamic layouts.
Text Input control number type does not validate
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.5
When a Text Input control type is set to "Number" in the Presentation tab:
- Validation does not trigger and the field is blanked out when a user submits the form.
- If a value other than a number is entered, the browser sends an empty value, and the value is not validated.
- In the Clipboard, the field value displays as empty.
- If the field is required, the validation displays.
This issue occurs when using both the Chrome and Safari web browsers, and is a result of browser behavior for the HTML5 type=“number”. To fix this issue when using these browsers, do not use the "Number" type in Presentation tab of a Text Input control. Instead, the type should be set to "Text".
Unclear error message when saving shared class instance in tenant layer
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.5
If you attempt to save a shared class instance from the tenant layer, Pega 7 displays this message:
This record has x errors. Save Failed: There was a problem saving an instance of class: Error Code: <none> SQL State: <none> Message: <none>
You cannot save a shared instance from the tenant layer if that instance cannot be overridden.
Number and text input controls on Android devices may not display the correct keyboard
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.8
When running a Pega 7 application on a device using the Android operating system, pxNumber and pxTextInput controls may not display when using the desired on-screen keyboard. This happens when the number or text input type is set to
At design time, the input type is selected in the Editable Format section of the Presentation tab in the Cell Properties panel for a pxNumber or pxTextInput control. Due to a known limitation in some versions of the Android OS running on some devices, the keyboard displayed at run time may not support entry of decimal values when a Number type keyboard is specified.
To resolve this issue, use the
Phone type when numbers with decimal values may be required. Using the
Phone type displays a numerical phone keyboard. The Android phone keyboard includes both commas and periods so that decimals may be entered.
The Phone type selected in the Presentation tab of a Number control
Note that this issue only occurs on Android devices. It is recommended that applications for iOS continue to use type=“Number”.