Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Issues for cross-browser support for Designer Studio have been addressed. Improvements were made in run-time performance for data pages with grids, and a number of cosmetic changes and fixes were made.
- Login Performance improvements
- A cursor pointer issue was addressed in Case Manager.
- In reports, data in columns will now right-align.
- Improved section validation functionality
- Harnesses with screen layouts will now save when there is a refresh condition on a panel.
- Outline View tree has been improved.
- Improvements to Repeat Grids using Data Pages as a source.
- Formatted text cells can be put into a grid to display the value of a property retrieved from a Report Definition join.
- Designer Studio changes to support IE9 and IE10.
- Improved designer studio layout
- Designer Studio changes to support quirks mode in IE8 and IE9.
- Improvements to SmartLabels in Data Pages
- Tab groups will take parameters for pre-activities in a defer load setup.
- Sections support nested dynamic layouts.
Limited access for end user portals
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.1
The following portals are only accessible from supported versions of Internet Explorer in “quirks” mode:
Nesting dynamic containers not supported
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.1
Do not include a section containing a dynamic container inside of another dynamic container. This configuration may cause performance issues resulting in unexpected behavior at runtime, and is not supported.
Number and text input controls on Android devices may not display the correct keyboard
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.8
When running a Pega 7 application on a device using the Android operating system, pxNumber and pxTextInput controls may not display when using the desired on-screen keyboard. This happens when the number or text input type is set to
At design time, the input type is selected in the Editable Format section of the Presentation tab in the Cell Properties panel for a pxNumber or pxTextInput control. Due to a known limitation in some versions of the Android OS running on some devices, the keyboard displayed at run time may not support entry of decimal values when a Number type keyboard is specified.
To resolve this issue, use the
Phone type when numbers with decimal values may be required. Using the
Phone type displays a numerical phone keyboard. The Android phone keyboard includes both commas and periods so that decimals may be entered.
The Phone type selected in the Presentation tab of a Number control
Note that this issue only occurs on Android devices. It is recommended that applications for iOS continue to use type=“Number”.
Tags disappear from Rich Text Editor source mode
Valid from Pega Version 8.5
When you use Rich Text Editor in HTML source mode, some tags disappear from the markup, which causes backward compatibility issues and data loss.
Pega Platform™ version 8.5.5 introduced the DOM Purifier security plugin. The plugin removes potentially vulnerable tags, including custom tags, from the raw HTML code in the Rich Text Editor source mode.
You can disable the DOM Purifier plugin by adding the the
window.disableDomPurifier = true markup to the userWorkForm HTML fragment rule.
Alternatively, as of Pega Platform version 8.5.6, you can add a tag to the allow list by including the
window.rteCustomAllowedTags = ['myCustomTag'] snippet in the userWorkForm HTML fragment rule.
In Pega Platform versions 8.5.6 to 8.6, the
iframe tag is added to the allow list by default.