Data synchronization does not resume after mobile app restart
Valid from Pega Version 8.3
If an offline-enabled mobile app that you build with Pega Infinity Mobile Client™ is stopped during an initial data synchronization session, the data synchronization does not resume when the mobile app is restarted. Users must not stop the mobile app before initial data synchronization finishes.
For more information about data synchronization, see Offline capability and Guidelines for creating an offline-enabled application.
Mobile features deprecated in 8.4
Valid from Pega Version 8.4
Following the introduction of new functionalities for mobile apps, some features are reaching end of life. To avoid additional effort during updates to future releases, do not use deprecated features.
In the 8.4 release, the following features are no longer recommended:
- Mobile Client 7 is now deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. Use Pega Infinity Mobile Client to meet the mobile needs of your business.
- The Reuse existing web portal functionality is deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. For improved app performance and more efficient development, use the mobile app builder in the mobile channel. Also, you must convert existing projects to use separate channels for mobile and web portals before upgrading to 8.5.
In addition, the Pega Mobile Express app has been removed from app stores and replaced with the Pega Mobile Preview app.
Use fast processing option does not work
Valid from Pega Version 7.3.1
The Use fast processing option on Connect REST and Service REST rule forms does not work unless you obtain the HFix-43000 hotfix from Global Customer Service.
Use the following data model guidelines when using fast processing:
- The JSON property names and the clipboard property names must match.
- The JSON tree structure and the clipboard tree structure must be similar.
- The scalar arrays in JSON must be mapped to the clipboard as page lists.
- Multi-dimensional arrays must be mapped into page lists of page lists with the same embedded property names.
In addition, page groups, value groups, and Java objects are not supported by fast processing.