Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
This release focused on improving the user experience of creating new rules and tightening up the use of specifications in the Case Designer. The layout of the New and Save As forms were made more intuitive and intelligent. Specification actions were made to be more consistent across various aspects of the Case Designer.
- After removing specification references, users can create and save a new specification.
- Developers may now choose either an existing specification or create a new one for subflows and Split-For-Each shapes.
- If a specification is not associated with flow shapes such as sub flows, Utilities, or Split-For-Each, it is possible to import speciications with the same names, and the flow shapes will default to using those imported specs.
- In the outline view, specification changes will be preserved when switching from tab to tab.
- The View Full Details functionality from either Configure Step or the Outline View will display all details, including the specification requirement links.
Chrome support for editing specification descriptions in Word
Valid from Pega Version 7.2
If you use Google Chrome 42 and later, you can now create, save, and update specification descriptions even if you are not using the Microsoft Silverlight NPAPI plug-in.
The newoption provides you with the functionality to upload a Word document that contains the specification description. In addition, you can use the option to export the description that you entered in the rich text editor to a Word document.
Redesigned tool for documenting your applications
Valid from Pega Version 7.2
Use the newly designed Document Application tool to generate application profile documents, application documents, and specification documents. The Document Application tool provides a streamlined landing page for all document types, including custom templates, and replaces the Application Document wizard.
Customizable New Application wizard
Valid from Pega Version 7.2.2
The redesigned New Application wizard streamlines the process of creating and configuring applications, and introduces customizable application templates. When you create an application from an application template, the template defines the wizard steps that gather the information that is needed to configure your new application based on the template. After you specify the required information in the wizard, the system creates an application with the required case types, data types, access groups, and operators. You can create multiple templates, depending on the needs of your business. Sample template types are provided.
For more information, see New Application wizard.
Translation support added to application guides
Valid from Pega Version 8.1
You can now localize the content in your application guides. By referencing paragraphs instead of rich text in your chapters and tasks, you can provide guidance to users in their native language.
For more information about application guides, see Creating a guide for end users.