Default value of the threadpoolsize agent affects batch indexing
Valid from Pega Version 8.5.2
After you patch Pega Platform to version 8.5.2 or higher, the system changes the default value of the threadpoolsize agent, which controls the number of concurrent activities (threads) in the system, from 5 to 15. Batch indexing in Pega Platform™ does not require all 15 threads, so you can change the agent value to increase system performance by managing the indexing/distributed/batch/numworkers dynamic system setting.
If your deployment does not support that setting, and batch indexing does not use Queue Processors, the system uses the threadpoolsize value for batch indexing instead.
For more information, see Editing a dynamic system setting.
Data schema error on z/OS split schema upgrades from versions before Pega 7.1.8
Valid from Pega Version 4.1
When upgrading to a split schema on Pega 7.x with IBM DB2 for z/OS, you see an error during the data schema upgrade when the system tries to drop the PRPC_Updatescache procedure. Because triggers on rules tables use PRPC_Updatescache, you must use the ZOSDisableTriggerScripts to disable these triggers before you update the data schema.
- Follow the instructions in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide to upgrade the rules schema, but stop immediately before you upgrade the data schema with the upgrade.bat or upgrade.sh script. The Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide is on the page.
- Copy the contents of the <distribution>\ResourceKit\ZOSDisableTriggerScripts directory into the <distribution>\scripts\ directory.
- Run fixZosTriggers.bat or fixZosTriggers.sh with the following arguments:
--dataschema<data schema name>
--oldrulesschema<old rules schema name. If you are upgrading from a single-schema system, this is the data schema name.>
--newrulesschema<new rules schema name>
--automaticddl<Optional. Set to true to automatically apply the disable trigger SQL scripts.>
fixZosTriggers --action preupgrade --dataschema pegadata --oldrulesschema pegarules --newrulesschema newrules --automaticddl false
- If you did not set --automaticddl to true in the previous step, run the <distribution>\schema/disable.sql script to manually disable the trigger SQL scripts.
- Run the data schema upgrade as described in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide.
Node description cannot match application server node name
Valid from Pega Version 6.3 SP1
A node's Short Description should not be the same value as the application server node name. If the node's Short Description is changed to be the same value as the application server node name, then the node description is automatically changed back to the original value after a system restart.
Twitter data sets no longer supported
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
Twitter is deprecating several APIs, which will disrupt the Twitter data set functionality. Twitter data sets will not be able to fetch any tweets or direct messages. This issue affects all applications that use Twitter data sets to connect to social (mainly Pega Customer Service applications).
This change applies to the current and earlier releases of Pega Platform™ that make use of Twitter data sets and it impacts all environments, including Pixar, VM, and Pega Labs instances.
Twitter connectors will be fully functional at a later date. For now, the best practice is to de-emphasize social media in your data sets.