Data schema error on z/OS split schema upgrades from versions before Pega 7.1.8
Valid from Pega Version 4.1
When upgrading to a split schema on Pega 7.x with IBM DB2 for z/OS, you see an error during the data schema upgrade when the system tries to drop the PRPC_Updatescache procedure. Because triggers on rules tables use PRPC_Updatescache, you must use the ZOSDisableTriggerScripts to disable these triggers before you update the data schema.
- Follow the instructions in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide to upgrade the rules schema, but stop immediately before you upgrade the data schema with the upgrade.bat or upgrade.sh script. The Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide is on the page.
- Copy the contents of the <distribution>\ResourceKit\ZOSDisableTriggerScripts directory into the <distribution>\scripts\ directory.
- Run fixZosTriggers.bat or fixZosTriggers.sh with the following arguments:
--dataschema<data schema name>
--oldrulesschema<old rules schema name. If you are upgrading from a single-schema system, this is the data schema name.>
--newrulesschema<new rules schema name>
--automaticddl<Optional. Set to true to automatically apply the disable trigger SQL scripts.>
fixZosTriggers --action preupgrade --dataschema pegadata --oldrulesschema pegarules --newrulesschema newrules --automaticddl false
- If you did not set --automaticddl to true in the previous step, run the <distribution>\schema/disable.sql script to manually disable the trigger SQL scripts.
- Run the data schema upgrade as described in the Pega 7 Platform Upgrade Guide.
Twitter data sets no longer supported
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
Twitter is deprecating several APIs, which will disrupt the Twitter data set functionality. Twitter data sets will not be able to fetch any tweets or direct messages. This issue affects all applications that use Twitter data sets to connect to social (mainly Pega Customer Service applications).
This change applies to the current and earlier releases of Pega Platform™ that make use of Twitter data sets and it impacts all environments, including Pixar, VM, and Pega Labs instances.
Twitter connectors will be fully functional at a later date. For now, the best practice is to de-emphasize social media in your data sets.