Data synchronization does not resume after mobile app restart
Valid from Pega Version 8.3
If an offline-enabled mobile app that you build with Pega Infinity Mobile Client™ is stopped during an initial data synchronization session, the data synchronization does not resume when the mobile app is restarted. Users must not stop the mobile app before initial data synchronization finishes.
For more information about data synchronization, see Offline capability and Guidelines for creating an offline-enabled application.
Mobile features deprecated in 8.4
Valid from Pega Version 8.4
Following the introduction of new functionalities for mobile apps, some features are reaching end of life. To avoid additional effort during updates to future releases, do not use deprecated features.
In the 8.4 release, the following features are no longer recommended:
- Mobile Client 7 is now deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. Use Pega Infinity Mobile Client to meet the mobile needs of your business.
- The Reuse existing web portal functionality is deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. For improved app performance and more efficient development, use the mobile app builder in the mobile channel. Also, you must convert existing projects to use separate channels for mobile and web portals before upgrading to 8.5.
In addition, the Pega Mobile Express app has been removed from app stores and replaced with the Pega Mobile Preview app.
Change logic does not work in Report Editor
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.2
The Report Editor change logic button does not work. As a workaround, use the rule form to change the logic.
Source field not displaying in data transform
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.4
On the Data Transform rule form when using the Update Page action, if the Relation value is updated to “with values from”, the Source field will not be displayed.
(Note that for existing data transforms where the Source field has already been completed, this situation should not occur.)
- Below is a data transform that has been configured to use Update Page.
- If a user were to choose an alternate source by updating the ‘with values from’ Relation value, they would not be prompted to provide a page name in the Source field.
- At this point, to be able to enter the Source page value, the user has to save the rule, which results in an error because the source page value is blank. This causes the field to appear.
- Once the field has appeared, the Source page value can be provided, and the form can be saved successfully.
Slow WebSphere performance on Mac platforms
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.2
Use the following JVM setting to improve WebSphere performance on Mac platforms:
Twitter data sets no longer supported
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.9
Twitter is deprecating several APIs, which will disrupt the Twitter data set functionality. Twitter data sets will not be able to fetch any tweets or direct messages. This issue affects all applications that use Twitter data sets to connect to social (mainly Pega Customer Service applications).
This change applies to the current and earlier releases of Pega Platform™ that make use of Twitter data sets and it impacts all environments, including Pixar, VM, and Pega Labs instances.
Twitter connectors will be fully functional at a later date. For now, the best practice is to de-emphasize social media in your data sets.
Rule revalidation after updating properties without restarting nodes
Valid from Pega Version 8.2
When you update certain property attributes, such as a property's maximum length, rule types that reference the property might not reflect the change. You do not always have to restart nodes to revalidate the referencing rules when they cannot be resaved, for example, when they are in a locked ruleset. For Pega Platform™ 8.1 and later, for non-stream rules, such as activities, data transforms, and so on, use the reassemble API in Admin Studio or truncate the assembled classes table.
For stream rules, such as sections, harnesses, paragraphs, and so on, reassemble the rules and restart the nodes. For more information, see More about properties.
For previous versions of Pega Platform, use the System Management Application (SMA) to revalidate stream and non-stream rules.