Mobile features deprecated in 8.4
Valid from Pega Version 8.4
Following the introduction of new functionalities for mobile apps, some features are reaching end of life. To avoid additional effort during updates to future releases, do not use deprecated features.
In the 8.4 release, the following features are no longer recommended:
- Mobile Client 7 is now deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. Use Pega Infinity Mobile Client to meet the mobile needs of your business.
- The Reuse existing web portal functionality is deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. For improved app performance and more efficient development, use the mobile app builder in the mobile channel. Also, you must convert existing projects to use separate channels for mobile and web portals before upgrading to 8.5.
In addition, the Pega Mobile Express app has been removed from app stores and replaced with the Pega Mobile Preview app.
WSDL generation error prevents invocation of SOAP services
Valid from Pega Version 8.4.2
A Known Issue was introduced in the 8.4.2 Pega Platform patch release, which impacts both upgrades and new installations of that version.
Due to changes introduced in the SOAP functionality for the case-mismatch error in SR-D98509/INC-119725, the WSDL is being generated for SOAP services with an incorrectly-capitalized element, which prevents the service from being invoked. The element should be “name” instead of “Name”.
Clients must perform the following workaround after they define a new SOAP connector in Pega Platform:
- To download the WSDL from Pega Platform:
- After using the SOAP Wizard (Dev Studio > Configure > Integration > Services > Service Wizard) the WSDL URL is shown at the bottom right of the Dev Studio screen.
- Click the URL to display the XML.
- Save the WSDL file to your local system.
- In the text editor of your choice, modify "Name" to "name" in every <element “name” = … > tag in the WDSL.
- Save your changes to the local file.
- To reload the WSDL into Pega Platform:
- In Dev Studio, open the Configure menu.
- Select Integration > Connectors > Create SOAP Integration.
- In the New SOAP integration wizard, select Upload WSDL from File.
- Complete the upload using the wizard prompts.
This is a design-time issue, not a run-time issue; therefore, clients only have to perform this workaround process once. Existing SOAP services should not be impacted; however, if clients modify an existing SOAP service definition by re-running the wizard, clients must reapply the workaround for Pega Platform to recognize the SOAP definition changes.
This issue will be addressed in the Pega Platform Patch Release 8.4.3. Clients who upgrade to that version or later should not see this issue.
Search and Reporting does not index large items
Valid from Pega Version 8.5
When using the Search and Reporting (SRS) microservice in Pega Platform™ 8.5, you might encounter problems with indexing large out-of-the-box rules. The issue is not visible in Queue Processors, but you can access logs to verify which items the system does not index.
Required Oracle optimization parameter
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
To optimize performance, set the Oracle parameter optimizer_index_cost_adj to a value between 20 and 25. If this value is not set, the system can run exceedingly slowly, potentially blocking users from login.
Synchronized database and application server settings
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.3
Configure your database and application server to use the same time zone and character encoding to avoid conflicts.
Rule revalidation after updating properties without restarting nodes
Valid from Pega Version 8.2
When you update certain property attributes, such as a property's maximum length, rule types that reference the property might not reflect the change. You do not always have to restart nodes to revalidate the referencing rules when they cannot be resaved, for example, when they are in a locked ruleset. For Pega Platform™ 8.1 and later, for non-stream rules, such as activities, data transforms, and so on, use the reassemble API in Admin Studio or truncate the assembled classes table.
For stream rules, such as sections, harnesses, paragraphs, and so on, reassemble the rules and restart the nodes. For more information, see More about properties.
For previous versions of Pega Platform, use the System Management Application (SMA) to revalidate stream and non-stream rules.