Data synchronization does not resume after mobile app restart
Valid from Pega Version 8.3
If an offline-enabled mobile app that you build with Pega Infinity Mobile Client™ is stopped during an initial data synchronization session, the data synchronization does not resume when the mobile app is restarted. Users must not stop the mobile app before initial data synchronization finishes.
For more information about data synchronization, see Offline capability and Guidelines for creating an offline-enabled application.
Mobile features deprecated in 8.4
Valid from Pega Version 8.4
Following the introduction of new functionalities for mobile apps, some features are reaching end of life. To avoid additional effort during updates to future releases, do not use deprecated features.
In the 8.4 release, the following features are no longer recommended:
- Mobile Client 7 is now deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. Use Pega Infinity Mobile Client to meet the mobile needs of your business.
- The Reuse existing web portal functionality is deprecated and planned for removal in 8.5. For improved app performance and more efficient development, use the mobile app builder in the mobile channel. Also, you must convert existing projects to use separate channels for mobile and web portals before upgrading to 8.5.
In addition, the Pega Mobile Express app has been removed from app stores and replaced with the Pega Mobile Preview app.
WSDL generation error prevents invocation of SOAP services
Valid from Pega Version 8.4.2
A Known Issue was introduced in the 8.4.2 Pega Platform patch release, which impacts both upgrades and new installations of that version.
Due to changes introduced in the SOAP functionality for the case-mismatch error in SR-D98509/INC-119725, the WSDL is being generated for SOAP services with an incorrectly-capitalized element, which prevents the service from being invoked. The element should be “name” instead of “Name”.
Clients must perform the following workaround after they define a new SOAP connector in Pega Platform:
- To download the WSDL from Pega Platform:
- After using the SOAP Wizard (Dev Studio > Configure > Integration > Services > Service Wizard) the WSDL URL is shown at the bottom right of the Dev Studio screen.
- Click the URL to display the XML.
- Save the WSDL file to your local system.
- In the text editor of your choice, modify "Name" to "name" in every <element “name” = … > tag in the WDSL.
- Save your changes to the local file.
- To reload the WSDL into Pega Platform:
- In Dev Studio, open the Configure menu.
- Select Integration > Connectors > Create SOAP Integration.
- In the New SOAP integration wizard, select Upload WSDL from File.
- Complete the upload using the wizard prompts.
This is a design-time issue, not a run-time issue; therefore, clients only have to perform this workaround process once. Existing SOAP services should not be impacted; however, if clients modify an existing SOAP service definition by re-running the wizard, clients must reapply the workaround for Pega Platform to recognize the SOAP definition changes.
This issue will be addressed in the Pega Platform Patch Release 8.4.3. Clients who upgrade to that version or later should not see this issue.
Change logic does not work in Report Editor
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.2
The Report Editor change logic button does not work. As a workaround, use the rule form to change the logic.
Slow WebSphere performance on Mac platforms
Valid from Pega Version 7.1.2
Use the following JVM setting to improve WebSphere performance on Mac platforms: