Use the Connect-JCA method to communicate through a JCA resource adapter to an external system.
This method operates on a named clipboard page that is the source and destination of data mappings. Make sure the Step Page column that calls this method contains the non-blank name of such a page.
This method has two parameters:
|ServiceName||Enter the Service Name (second key part) of a Connect JCA rule ( Rule-Connect-JCA rule type). The system uses the class of the step page as the first key part.|
|RunInParallel||Select if this connector is intended to run in parallel as a child requestor of the current requestor. If selected, use the Connect-Wait method later in the current or a follow-on activity to access results from the connector.|
The Connect-JCA method works as follows:
- Using rule resolution, locates the Connect JCA rule identified by the ServiceName parameter and the class of the step page or primary page.
- Uses request information to assemble a request.
- If the step page does not exist, creates a new page, of the class identified in the Pages & Classes tab.
- Checks whether simulation is in force for this rule. If so, calls the simulation stub activity.
- If simulation is not in force, sends the request to a resource adapter identified in the Connect JCA rule, using a separate requestor if the RunInParallel box is selected. (This temporary requestor has the same access group and clipboard as the original. At most 10 such child requestor sessions can be active at once.)
- Processes the response when it is received.
Checking the method statusThis method updates the pxMethodStatus property. See How to test method results using a transition.
prconfig.xmlfile or dynamic system settings using the