This article covers the Pega's policies for software updates and extended support.
Software updates support the evolution of Pega products, and provide new functionality and enhancements to these applications within the functional domain of the licensed components.
Installation of Pega software updates on Pega Cloud will be performed by Pega Cloud Services.
For on-premise or client-managed installations, you may request new versions of Pega software and update your environment(s). Installation of software updates can also be provided by Pega through a professional services engagement.
Extended Support Policy
This policy applies to updates on any environment where you have installed Pega software, including Pega Cloud Services environments or client-managed cloud environments (whether your use of the Pega software is hosted on a third-party cloud or on premises).
Support for your Pega software enters “Extended Support” 18 months after the date that the version of your current software product was first generally released. Beginning on the date your Pega software product enters into Extended Support the Extended Support period will last for a total of 18 months.
Once Extended Support commences:
- Clients should work to quickly update to the latest version to benefit from any additional features, fixes or improvements included in such release.
- Clients will continue to receive support but will be required to update to the latest release to resolve any non-production issues they might experience. For more information, see Pega Support.
- Hotfixes may be provided for the current non-updated version of your Software while in Extended Support for the following issues at the sole discretion of Pega:
- Critical issues that result in production outages
- Security-related vulnerabilities
- Backporting capabilities or support for newer versions of third-party solutions will no longer be available while you Pega software is in Extended Support.
- The version of your Software in Extended Support will no longer available for download from the Digital Delivery page.
- Pega will no longer undertake the certification of vendor platforms against Pega products and versions (including products acquired through merger or acquisition, such as Chordiant, Antenna, OpenSpan, and other products) in Extended Support.
Software versions earlier than Pega Infinity
All software released by Pegasystems (including products from Chordiant, Antenna, OpenSpan, and other products obtained by Pega via acquisition) prior to the release of Pega Infinity is currently in Extended Support. Extended Support for these products, including all related versions, ends on June 30, 2023.
For further patch information and details on Extended Support timelines not included as part of the Support@Pega contract documentation, see Pega Software maintenance and Extended Support Policy.