To automatically take actions before any archive import attempt, configure pre-import steps in the pre-import collection. For example, you can use archive metadata to ensure that you only import archives that meet your criteria.
Pre-import actions must have an applies to class of PegaAccel-Management-Import.
Follow this general process to create pre-import steps.
- Save a copy of the pyPreImportCollection rule to your application layer.
- Open the new rule in your application layer.
- Delete the placeholder step pxImportInfoMessage.
- Add action steps to run after every successful import. Use the pre-import properties to
include archive metadata in step actions. For information about the pre-import properties,
see Pre-import activity
- Click Add step to create a new step.
- In the Condition section Execute step field, specify when the step will run. The default is Always.
- Set the scope for the step in the Context field. The default is Current Page. For more information, see Setting the context of a collection step.
- Specify the step action in the Action section.
- Optional: To use parameter values from an earlier step in this collection, select Pass current parameter page.
- Optional: Click Add response action to specify an action run after this step in the collection. For more information, see Using response actions in a collection.
- Repeat step 4 to add additional steps to the collection.
- Click Save.