The default quiesce method is immediate drain, which does not require removing the nodes from the load balancer before starting the quiesce process.
- Identify the Pega Platform node or nodes that you want to quiesce.
- Do either of the following:
- In Admin Studio, click .
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Select the check box next to the node or nodes that you want to quiesce.
- Click Quiesce. When the quiesce process is complete, the status
of the node changes to Quiesce Complete in the Runstate or
State column on the landing page.
- To cancel the quiesce process for the selected node or nodes, click Cancel Quiesce.
- The node state might not change to Quiesce Complete until after the node has been removed from the load balancer in the following step.
- To prevent traffic from being directed to the quiesced node or nodes, configure the load balancer to remove the quiecsed node or nodes from the pool.
- Immediate drain quiesce flow
The following diagram illustrates the on-premises quiesce flow for highly available systems when using immediate drain.