The slow drain method requires removing the nodes from the load balancer before starting the quiesce process.
To quiesce a node by using the landing page, do the following steps:
- Identify the Pega Platform node or nodes that you want to quiesce.
- Configure the load balancer to disable the identified nodes. See your load balancer documentation for specific configuration instructions. Currently active users and services can complete their work, but no new connections can be made.
- Do either of the following:
- In Admin Studio, click .
- In Dev Studio, click .
- Select the check box in front of the node or nodes that you want to quiesce.
- Click Quiesce. When the quiesce process is complete, the status
of the node changes to Quiesce Complete in the Runstate or
State column on the landing page.
Note: To cancel the quiesce process for the selected node or nodes, click Cancel Quiesce.
- Slow drain quiesce flow
The following diagram illustrates the on-premises quiesce flow for highly available systems when using slow drain.