Create a database data instance so that Pega Platform can access a
database whose connectivity is defined in the
database/databasesand restarted the server. For more information, see Changing node settings by modifying the prconfig.xml file.
- If the database platform of the additional database differs from the database platform of Pega Platform, or does not use postgresSQL, define Pega Platform the database driver. For more information, see Defining the database driver.
- In the header of Dev Studio, click .
- Enter a short description, and in the Database field,
enter a name for the external database.The database name that you enter must be specified in the prconfig.xml file under
database/databases. For example, for an entry that is named
- Click Create and open.
- Optional: To indicate the system of record, in the Integration
system field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of
the integration system that you want to associate with this database.The value that you select is for informational purposes only, and does not affect the behavior of the database instance. You can use this value to organize rules for integration connectors, data types, and sources for data pages.
- In the How to connect list, click Use configuration in preferences.
- Optional: To specify the names of other database instances that views in this database
can reach, on the Advanced tab, define the database
- In the Database Name list, click the Add item icon.
- In the Database Name field, press the Down arrow key, and then select the name of a database instance that views in the external database need to access.
For example: This database instance describes the EXTERNAL1 database. To configure your application to access a view in EXTERNAL1 that joins data from the DATA1 and DATA2 databases, define database instances for DATA1 and DATA2, and then list DATA1 and DATA2 as other databases on the database instance for EXTERNAL1,
- Click Save.
- Optional: To test the database connection, on the Database tab,
click Test connection.This test does not test the administrative user that you specify.
- Diagnostic information appears in a new window if the test fails.
- Modify the database instance until the test succeeds.